Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at 2008 Motorhome????

HavingProblems7
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I ran across a 2008 Fleetwood Tioga SL that appears to be in excellent condition
seller is asking 44,500
Motorhome has 3700 miles on it
Should I be concerned about low mileage????
How does low mileage & not being used very often have an effect on the unseen parts of motorhome: engine,transmission,generator,hoses,belts ,tires & etc
Looks great Body in pristine condition
Original owner
any suggestions on a positive way to verify all systems?????
I bought a Motorhome from a dealer a few years ago & was totally misled
My fault as I trusted the dealer
Don't want to get stung again
Did go to NADA & price is within their guidelines
I have Vin # but a report would only tell me about Ford Chassis not Motorhome itself
Help with your suggestions
Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

HavingProblems7
Explorer
Explorer
Low mileage was a big concern to me HOW COME
Asked seller & he said shortly after purchasing MH his wife & travel conpanioun passed away & he had no desire to use Motorhome
At an RV storage yard I passed over the last 3 years at least I always saw MH stored there
A complete inspection is an absolute
Keep suggestions coming
Anyone own a 2008 Tioga SL Motorhome????
Thanks

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
our,s is a 2007 just truned 40k I would not be afraid of it, ours runs short 200 mile trips all summer and its in perfect shape. tires only thing to check.ours is stored inside.

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obviously, that is not many miles... plan on having it thoroughly inspected by a mechanic. You will probably need new tires so figure $1,500 for that {regaredless of how they look} if they are in fact the originals - check the DOT codes. Plan on changing/flushing every fluid, belt, and hose but that should not add up to much more than peace of mind.

Lack of use is particularly hard on the internal coach systems - AC, furnace, generator, water heater, slides {if any}, awnings, etc. All of these systems will need to be run and thoroughly inspected by a professional so you at least know what you are getting yourself in to.

Also, you need to find out why it has so few miles and where and how it was stored.

Once {hopefully} you know what you are getting you can adjust your offer accordingly. A unit with less than 400 miles a year would make me very nervous and cautious but it may be the proverbial diamond in the rough. Good luck and keep us posted.

:C