cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking to buying a new class A we have questions ???

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard that we should stay away from anything newer than 2019 because of shotty workmanship during covid , I want to hear from owners of 2020 , 2021 owners. have you had many problems from poor workmanship ? we would really like to but new if possible , would like to buy a diesel but a V10 isn't out of the question. any brands to stay away from or any brands to look closer at ?. we don't want anything over 35' . we don't want to spend much over $240,000

We like the floor plan in the Thor Palazzo with theater seating, open to suggestions . Thank you for and and all help.....Dan and Irene.
9 REPLIES 9

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
well we settled for a gasser a 2021 Newmar 34' so far its a great coach has everything we were looking for and then some great craftsmanship throughout.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
A new Diesel at $240k is going to be an entry level DP. I would rather have a high end gas coach at that price.

as for shoddy workmanship. that is across the board.

Stay away from Thor. especially the Palazzo. that is as entry level as they come!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Covid has nothing to do with shoddy work IMHO. RVs mfgrs. have been building less that acceptable units for years before now.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
thank you for the response we are driving a new diesel Thor Palazzo Wednesday and a new gasser Tuesday just to compare . we enjoy traveling the western states with all the mountains so power is a must .

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you do get a brand new gas motorhome, it won't have the V10 engine, but rather the new 7.3 V8. From what I've read, the performance of the new engine is just fine. Long-term reliability and general longevity of it are a little bit of an unknown, since it's new, though my hunch (and it's nothing more than a hunch) is that it will be decent in those regards, too.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
You can get so much more for so much less buying a used coach. There are a lot of folks who are quickly figuring out that the RV they bought for the pandemic is not all it's cracked up to be or more expensive to store and make payments on. There are great deals out there.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with considering a Newmar or Thor. And, why not go with a gently used rig and save the hassles of getting the bugs out of a new rig?
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
jlrmfc21 wrote:
Hi, with that budget Iโ€™d look at Newmar or tiffin

I FULLY agree -- with that budget you don't have to settle for a Thor product when it will get you a Newmar or Tiffin (and yes, I know Tiffin is now a Thor product, but it's still built in Red Bay, Al by the same people that built them before the recent acquisition)
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

jlrmfc21
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, with that budget Iโ€™d look at Newmar or tiffin