cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make tape job look better

Bill242
Explorer
Explorer
Proud new owner of an older Class C. Started renovating it and found water damage in the cabover. Cleaned everything up and put it back together. Decided to use eterabond on the outer seams (wall meets roof, down and around nose) as well for that extra protection. So now it wont leak but it could look better. Any ideas on how to make the tape look better. The tape is smooth but still I feel the cabover appearance could be better.
6 REPLIES 6

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
EMD 360...is the eternabond tape over or under the original seam covers?
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Taped seams on mine are five years old. I don't think they are attractive, but I have an older RV that needs the protection and it seems to be working as intended.
I have photos from when I first did the taping.

And here is a close up from a photo this summer.

I used two layers of 2" eternabond to cover the corners. That double lapped the actual seam and was easier to apply than a single 4" piece. I also replaced the trim screws with stainless screws. Kept the old trim insert piece though.
This summer I bought more tape and new insert to do the front seams. The plastic insert is starting to sag at the corners and figured I should do the front seams but I have not gotten to the project yet.
This should give you an idea of the outcome though. 🙂
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I've been considering the same option Bill. Have dealt with cabover leaks since I bought Winnie 3 years ago. I've enjoyed her through 23 states and over 20,000 miles and will continue to enjoy. While I have Eternabond on the roof seams, I have considered exactly the option you are discussing. Would appreciate photos. THANKS!
Mike LeBlanc
Lufkin, Texas

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Bill242, I've been considering the same option. While I am not that concerned of looks, I would like to see photos. THANKS!
Mike LeBlanc
Lufkin, Texas

Bill242
Explorer
Explorer
Its is actually on the edges. I used it to seal the side to the front part that curves over the cab.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
No one sees much of it on the roof. Just go with it. I have it
on mine and although it won't win a beauty pagent, the roof
does not leak.

Enjoy and have fun, Brian