cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MASSACHUSETTS to Myrtle Beach SC

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
WE are going to SC from MA and do not want to go over the GW bridge in NY so thought the Tappen Zee Bridge. Go out 84 but then how to go?
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
32 REPLIES 32

tomgagne
Explorer
Explorer
I have traveled to mb many times and the most reliable route is tappanzee to the garden state pkwy, then follow gs to the jersey pike, then down 95 The toughest area is around DC but if you stay at Cherry Hill campground you can get out early to beat the traffic.

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
How much time or how many miles does it add to a direct trip. I assume you are saying 84 to 81 at Scranton or are you picking up 78 in there or no? IF it is adding an hour or two, no problem. The other thing is we need to know there are some Welcome Centers or such to stay one night each way since we will drive 8 or so hours each day til we arrive, expect to do it in two days. Thanks for the advice.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to miss all the big city traffic and want an easy, scenic drive take I-84 W to I-81 S to I-77 S to Columbia,SC then US 378 E to Myrtle Beach. Not the most direct route but does miss all the major city headaches and most all of the tolls.