cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mh Interior 12 volt LEDs

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
This has probably been brought up before but....Our Mh has several 12 volt lights. They get quite warm.
I have not replaced one in 15 years.
However looking Amazon I see a flat and round LED bulbs at prices like 20.00 for 10. i haven't pulled the covers off any of the lights but assume thee just plug in 921s and are not in bases that you turn. However they have some of those too and dirt cheap.
Recommendations?
Warmer color than blue is always preferred.
11 REPLIES 11

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Over the last fifteen years I have purchased a lot of LED's.. and I can tell you some I will never purchase again.. Others ... Well.

Recommendation is buy one or two and bookmark them in your browser. If they are good. Great buy more. if bad Delete bookmark

The first ones I bought were described as cool white 1141 equivlent. they were very blue, dim and only lasted a short time.

(I like bright white which is cool-white, not the yellowish warm light)

NExt I purchased I over paid for (20 bucks a pop) but NICE and still in service.

Last I got were not as bright as I like but the color is good.

But the moral is buy one or two. bookmark and if they are good publish the bookmark and buy more.

If they are ****... Delete bookmark or rename it to Don't.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
While LEDs are polarized some LED lights contain a simple circuit that make it polarity free. The light may also contain other circuitry like a voltage regulator.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
zigzagrv wrote:

I also got led replacements for the halogen puck lights (G4's) under the cabinets for around $10 for a pack of 10. So far I like all of the leds.

They are poleriized positive and negitive. Don't assume that the ones that don't light are bad. turn them around.

I thought about that as I was plugging them in, but all six I replaced worked the first time. Just lucky???

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I found my 194 (wedge base) LED replacement lights at Menards (area hardware/home improvement store). Bought one bulb at first then after trying it bought the rest to replace all of the bulbs...
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Would help to know what bulb you gave??? Rarely do I pay more than $1 for G4.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
zigzagrv wrote:
I just replaced all my 1156 type bulbs (14) with 'cheap' leds from Amazon for @ $20 for a pack of 20. I got both white and warm white bulbs. The bright white I will use in my compartments and the warm white in the interior. Though I haven't used them much yet (the MH is in storage) I have not found a bad one. If one goes bad, I have plenty of spares.

I also got led replacements for the halogen puck lights (G4's) under the cabinets for around $10 for a pack of 10. So far I like all of the leds.

They are poleriized positive and negitive. Don't assume that the ones that don't light are bad. turn them around.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
For dry campers and boondockers, LED lights are a necessity. Only bulb not now an LED is inside the fridge.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We camp a lot off-grid and having LED lights in place the very high amperage incandescent 12V bulbs really saves the 12V batteries charge. You get the same amount of light at a much reduced current drain...

Depending what you get however may have some RFI to deal with causing interference with some of your TV's, Radio's or electronic things...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a variety of bases available so suggest that you don't "assume". Base, color and physical size need to fit, etc. Some are dimmable and some aren't. Also check on ebay.

Plus be aware that LEDs may cause interference with electronics in your rig.

And yes there are plenty of posts on LEDs.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced all my 1156 type bulbs (14) with 'cheap' leds from Amazon for @ $20 for a pack of 20. I got both white and warm white bulbs. The bright white I will use in my compartments and the warm white in the interior. Though I haven't used them much yet (the MH is in storage) I have not found a bad one. If one goes bad, I have plenty of spares.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Do pull the covers before you order anything.

Mine were all bayonet style except one.
I would not pay less than $2 apiece because the real cheap ones are junk.

Most are bright white; not blue but not "warm" either.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"