cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New and very odd Samson tires

81fxeithink
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting. Traker Plus XL R676. They are a 10 ply tires with sidewall scuff blocker on the sidewalls. I see that as a benefit as it increases the sidewall thickness. Anyway...just got 6 new installed and was wondering if there was anyone else that runs these. They are 8.75/16.5 and I dont think they are radials. I cheaped out cuz I only gave 1200 for the rv and havent used it for a year but the rubber that was on it was VERY old and dry rotted. VERY new to RVing and will ask more silly or stupid questions in the future.:) Thanks in advance yall.
Jaime
6 REPLIES 6

81fxeithink
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for reply. Feeling a little better about the things....just funky looking. They have 6 ply sidewalls so that cant be a bad thing. Gonna start on the inside soon....thought about making the back open like a toy hauler....

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I had samson for about 4 years but they are 235-85-16 good tires for the price load range G there are made in China like everything else nowadays
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

81fxeithink
Explorer
Explorer
Guess it did work! Not a great pic but it does show them. Did a second test to post pictures with one of the RV. So there it is....my RV and the funky looking tire.

81fxeithink
Explorer
Explorer

tried posting a picture. Didnt work..

one more time...

81fxeithink
Explorer
Explorer
Searching the internet I have yet to find the exact tires I got. They are not the mud tire looking things that come up in a search. They look more like what you would see on the front of a backhoe. The tread is is rounded instead of flat across like most tires. They have the DOT stamp and have ratings for single and dual axle installations. If I knew how to include a picture I would snap one and post it here.
Jaime

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like an urban delivery design, both Cooper and Firestone make at least one model line in 16 and sometimes 17.5 and 19.5 sizes. When looking for 16.5 tires you have to take what you can get. If not overloading, and not running high speeds for a long time, urban delivery tires are fine.

Samson is a brand created to market tires from a number of different offshore suppliers, mostly for off-road agricultural and industrial applications, but also highway tire sizes that major manufacturers no longer make due to small sales volume.

But looking at the tread pattern, I rescind my guess about urban delivery. That's an off road tread, and there are reinforced sidewall designs in that application too. Are they DOT rated for highway use?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B