cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to me Kodiak VXL 2200-PICS ADDED

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we are back in the RV world. Previously owned a nice Arctic Fox Truck Camper. Had some career moves that necessitated selling it and my F350. I loved it, but the wife had some issues, mainly with the height and the high step in and out out of the TC (plus the loading and unloading).

We finally decided to jump back in, now with a B+. Found a good deal (to us) on a 2006 Kodiak by Vanguard VXL 2200. 22 foot, Ford v10, single slide.

time to start the customizing- first is LED lights inside. It only has a single coach battery, probably look for an AGM set up that will fit. Maybe some solar, definitely a back up camera. Let the fun begin!!

I'll post some pics and update my profiles.

Like to hear from other Kodiak owners and what they have done with theirs.
21 REPLIES 21

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
we were consistently in the high 13's

I wish! Previous owner claimed 10-12, I only got 9-10 on the trip from Oregon back to Cali. A bit of a lead foot, though. I'll slow things down and see if I can get better. Runs great, but miss the torque and power of my diesel.

Well, it might be where we were too. Always around 50 mph or slower. Ours is on the E350 and I think yours is on the E450 chassis meaning you have a little taller gear ratio. This might lower your mileage a bit. Who cares. Your rig looks great.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
we were consistently in the high 13's

I wish! Previous owner claimed 10-12, I only got 9-10 on the trip from Oregon back to Cali. A bit of a lead foot, though. I'll slow things down and see if I can get better. Runs great, but miss the torque and power of my diesel.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Georgeous. Great little motorhomes. As for previous question re mileage, our last trip through the koutenays a couple weaks ago we were consistently in the high 13's with ours which is pretty much the same coach without the slide.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect, what is your gas mileage like. Its just what we are looking for.

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got some pictures to load.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go. This is the Vanguard VXL2200. It is the same unit without the generator and lower saddle bags. This is a 2002. We stripped off the decals and painted the bottom with rocker guard. We have put about 80,000 KM on ours, about 32000 of that in Mexico. Very reliable solid rig. Tanks are are all heated and although ours has the single pane windows the Kodiaks often came with dual pane.

Two group 31 AGM batteries fit nicely in your battery compartment. An inverter and upgrade charger go nice under the rear most bench seat nice and close to the batteries. Theres also 320 watts of solar on the roof.

We also put supersprings on it and replaced the rims with Aluminums so no more hubcaps. Also added a rear sway bar and Koni shock. The thing drives like a sport truck. 🙂 You don't need the rear sway bar because the slide units were on the E450 chassis which already has the sway bar.

Wish I had the slide but we get buy.

Good luck and have fun.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. We are looking for a B+ so will be anxious to see pics of yours. PM me when you post them if you don't mind.