cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold fridge door seal

Nailhead9
Explorer
Explorer
After becoming frustrated at not being able to repair the door seals on my Dometic fridge doors, without purchasing "complete new doors", which by the way is ridiculous,
(Somebody makes the seals and they are installed in the doors) I tried some small experiments on my own
The result is that with a couple of minor tears and laminate peelings, that were on my fridge, i have a four door, I was able to solve the problem for about $5!!!!
I purchased a roll of white electricians tape from our local hardware store and applied the very sticky tape to the damaged areas. The tape is very pliable and adheres to the white rubber easily, I gave the door rubber a good wipe before applying so it would be dry. The tape is pliable enough to fold over the edges as well
The tape is micro thin so it doesn't add much to the thickness and even aids to the solution of the "dollar bill" clearance adjustment
Not exactly a deluxe way of solving this annoying problem, but waaaaay less than new doors and for the budget conscious, which so many of us are, a good solution
2 REPLIES 2

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmmm. We have a Norcold, but I think it would work on that too. I think DH just got a new job.

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip. Do you have a Norcold or Dometic?