cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oil Pressure Question

jocat54
Explorer
Explorer
We have 1999 Monaco Diplomat with the 5.9 ISB engine and it has 35,000 miles on it, bought it 7 years ago with 24,000 miles and the oil pressure has always read between 20-25 psi on the gauge weather hot or cold, at idle or driving 60 mph (gauge. is 0-80 psi)

I have never really worried about it to much, but was changing the oil and started wondering about it again. Could this be a sending unit problem?
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

John & Kathy & Gizmo (maltipoo)
1999 38ft Monaco Diplomat DP
Leakey, Tx (Texas Hill Country)
4 REPLIES 4

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Of you go to a Cummin's forum you will find that on the trucks the oil pressure reading is controlled by the computer and is a made up number to make the owner feel good as the 5.9 engines don't have a very high oil pressure. I imagine that engine is the same and wouldn't worry about it.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

A1machinist
Explorer
Explorer
I'd t in another known working gauge. Oil preassure should fluctuate abit and find out what standard operating preassure is. May be right in spec and only fluctuate 5lbs which would be fine.

jocat54
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry if I wasn't clear, the guage still reads the same at 20-25 psi.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

John & Kathy & Gizmo (maltipoo)
1999 38ft Monaco Diplomat DP
Leakey, Tx (Texas Hill Country)

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read you post 3 times I'm confused what are you asking? Has the oil pressure changed if so to what? or is it still reading 20-25 psi. if so I see no problem. The gauge could be no more then taking the place of an idiot light. And read that way till oil pressure is lost or get below set pressure. Only way to really know is "T" in a mechanical gauge.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH