cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On Board LP gauge

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
Since my last LP fill up my on board level gauge shows 1/4 constantly, but the actual digital gauge on tank shows just over 1/2....it is apparently working as it showed 3/4 when filled. If I undo the leads and reattach, the on board gauge goes through the whole thing F 3/4 1/2 and settles at 1/4. Has this happened to anyone else? What may this possibly be? Just boggles my mind that this is happening. Our coach is a 16 Bounder 35K, and have not had any issue with this whatsoever...time since fillup is close to 6 months now....just hoping as level goes down it might "catch up".....
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country
5 REPLIES 5

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I have our SeeLevel tank monitor calibrated so the full (80%) LP tank reads as 100%. Since I only want to know how much liquid is left, that works for me...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Ive filled thousands of tanks and bottles. This is common that the remote does not match the actual float level guage. Trust the float. Now, what about that 1/4- 3/4 thing?
If 80% just a smidge over 75% is full, then shouldnt the guage show 1/3, 2/3, full?
know your tank size. The WC # on it is a weight of LPG if its portable is its capacity of water, so 80% is its capacity in LPG.
On mounted asme tanks, capacity is given in gallons, also in water capacity, so 80% of the gallons capacity in water is the LPG capacity. A common C Mh has 40# tank. about 10 gallons. At 1/4 on the guage, you still have 1/3, or 3,3 gallons.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The sender is a 0-90 ohm rheostat. You should be able to pop it off the tank and take some readings. That will tell you if the sender or gauge is bad.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours inside no longer matches what the tank says either. We just go by the tank.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like the sender is getting flaky. Mine is broken and someone replaced the gauge with a regular one. I found the electrical sender for $55 on Amazon it just snaps on where the existing one is. Very easy to replace.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!