cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onan rv qd 10000

Toddoo
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2011 Monaco diplomat 43dft with a onan rv qd 10000 generator. I am trying to get all the maintenance up to date as the prior owners did not perform everything other then a oil and filter change. I have the top off the generator and looking down, I have the air filter off and located, I am looking for the fuel filter, spec shows it on the right side of the generator, I have the maintenance door off, but want to know if I have to take the rest of the side cover off, so I need help in locating the fuel filter and if anyone knows of a how to video, that would be great. I also would like to know if anyone knows what make/model of the fuel filter is and if any other maintenance should be done, generator has 300 hours on it. any and all help would be appreciated.

todd
7 REPLIES 7

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same gen - the fuel filter can NOT be pre-filled since it sits on its side.

the filter is held in by a bracket (2 bolts) that bolt to the side of the cabinet (accessible from the outside, just below & to the right of the access door)....it is NOT necessary to remove the two bracket bolts to remove the filter.

FIRST - use two wrenches to loosen each of the fuel lines on the filter FIRST.
NEXT - remove the single nut on the fuel filter/stud that holds the filter to the bracket

REMOVE / Replace filter - then replace the fuel lines (use the backing / 2nd wrench, as you did to remove the fuel lines)

once you have the filter replaced and the fuel lines back on the filter - PRIME the filter by holding the start/stop button in the STOP/Prime position until the pump/prime stops....prime the filter a couple of times & THEN start the generator & check for leaks.

oil and filter changes are called for every 250 hours
fuel & air filter change intervals are called for every 500 hours

the following document / link should be helpful (see page 3-6 / figure 3-4 for fuel filter location).

http://www.norwall.com/product_pdfs/1392_10_0hdkca_11506_om.pdf
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
At 300 hours I believe it is not yet due for anything but oil change.
Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Better to fill the filter with diesel before putting it on as it will save time restarting. I pull the return hose on mine and wait til fuel runs through it. It is then self priming.

Toddoo
Explorer
Explorer
awesome thank you for all the help

tomgagne
Explorer
Explorer
If it's like the 7500' then all the filter part numbers are identified on the panel next to the start switch on the generator

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Fuel filter is located in the base tray, just inside service door. Should be rectangular shape, metal silver color, and have two fuel lines attached to it. It is attached to base with bracket. Easiest way to change is to remove two screws holding bracket to base ( 10 mm wrench), pull filter with hoses and bracket still attached out of tray. Fuel lines may then be removed and filter replaced. Be careful to install lines so they dont get kinked and restrict fuel flow, and use good fitting wrenches on line fittings so corners dont get rounded off.
Onan p/n 149-2513, Fleetguard p/n FF-236. NAPA, Carquest, Wix can supply also. Push gen switch to "stop" to run fuel pump when done and check line connections for leaks, and to prime system

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what you are looking for.

https://www.rvchassisparts.com:8443/aparvchassis/runApp?id=5

For some reason, the link only takes you to the home page. Sorry. But if you go on the left to filters, then to generator filters, it will be the filter on the top of the page.

Safe travels.
2012 American Coach Revolution