cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our new THOR AXIS Love it so far!

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
We saw the Thor Axis at the RV show in Pomona last fall - love at first sight after considering the Reyo and the Via, which we felt were too small for us. We also considered the Class A Vista, FR3, and diesel Journey along with and other 'short' Class A's.

The Thor Axis is not too small and not too big, but just right for what we want as a retired couple. We had an excellent experience buying from MHSRV in Texas - no haggle, no mystery, no 'coupons', just bottom line pricing and exquisite customer service! The actual sales price was much less than the already low advertised price, let alone the sticker!

We particularly like the 'truck' chassis' with standard truck tires. The ride is stable and so far we have not needed levelers. Gas mileage has been about 11.5 mpg. There is a lot of storage for a retired couple such as we are, and we love the Norcold two door refrigerator which is elevated up from the floor. We also love the table that goes between the captain's chairs, but we're not using the table in front of the couch.

We really love this coach so far and are happy not to have to tow. At 25.5 feet, Thor nailed the floor plan we had dreamed of. Camping experiences so far have allowed up in spaces we could not have gotten with a longer rig.

Be aware if you buy one, tho' - you will instantly be famous in whatever campground you go to - people want to know all about it and see the inside of the coach! We've made lots of new friends!
22 REPLIES 22

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I saw one at the local RV show and I thought it was a nice niche size that may actually work. It was innovative if nothing else.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
GinJim, Thanks! Sent you an email!! ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Thor Axis

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
Happily Retired2 - sent you a pm. Glad you like yours, too!

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
thank you Bob and Sharon

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Good news. Enjoy
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We have had ours a month and are really happy with it, too! We love the oversized king bed in such a small coach. Have discovered that a fitted twin and a fitted full work perfectly, and then we can use a king top sheet! It certainly has lots of innovative features which we really like. I did a post right after we got ours looking for other Axis owners but didn't find any. If you would like to stay in touch and compare experiences down the road, send me a private message and I'll give you my email! I really hope you enjoy many happy camping trips with yours!
2014 Thor Axis

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
the website said to call for best price. We called and they told us the best price which was lower than advertised. The sticker was about 96, the advertised price was about 73 and they offered it to us for 69k. The entire transaction was that simple. Still can't believe the extraordinary experience with them. They pick you up at the airport, give you a rental car and let you camp on their lot while they go through the coach with a fine tooth comb. don't think I've ever experienced such customer service with any company ever.

Yes, we agreed on the price, put a 1k deposit down before we went.

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
How did you get below the advertised price if you didn't haggle? Thanks and congrats.

Edit: did you agree on price before you drove from Cali or agree on price face to face? Thanks