cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevost chassis owners.... need opinions.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We have decided to possibly have a Prevost chassis coach built maybe next year (unless I could find the perfect used one). I know the new Prevost chassis units have the Volvo engines now offered since they were purchased a year or so ago. I can't find online literature on how much HP the Volvo engine has. Is it a good engine?

I'm 99% sure this will be our last coach taking us into the next 20 yrs. I'll then be 75 yrs. old and I think I'll be done with RVing by then.

For those of you who own a Prevost coach, would you prefer a certain conversion company?
Marathon
Liberty
Millennium
Outlaw (just heard of this one in Texas)
Any others?

I know I've said in the past that these are really not camping coaches, more of a trophy coach (no screen doors, etc.)

Do you find that they have just as many issues as the regular coaches?

I know the Detroit Diesels had 525 HP for a 50,000 lb. coach, I thought that was a little low. What is your experience if you have this engine?

Thanks for ALL the input. If we go new, I want a 2015 model.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins
64 REPLIES 64

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen an Outlaw coach, they are very nice. Not the whore house glass and mirror stuff

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I have no experience with Prevo conversions but believe I'd have difficulty excluding Newell's from my consideration.
Any particular reason you didn't mention them?

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark,
You want to know about the Volvo diesel engines, then go do some reading on the truckers forums: The Truckers Report - Volvo forum. As to power, that engine will pull well over 100,000 lbs with 10 axles to the pavement with no problems. And same for the Detroit 525 HP.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
This should give you a place to start. Since all coaches are custom made, I would pick the builder that is most convenient to you for regular inspections and design input. Prevost models

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
"I know the Detroit Diesels had 525 HP for a 50,000 lb. coach, I thought that was a little low. What is your experience if you have this engine?"

But....but what about the golden rule laid down here even as to "1 HP per 100lbs of weight" ( which I always thought was BS anyway)
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape