cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for Stowmaster 5000 owners

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. I just picked up a used Stowmaster 5000 from a guy that said it came with his motorhome and he didn't want it. Looking at it it appears to be in good shape but I suspect there is a part missing comparing it to pictures online.

Could you please take a look at the pictures and let me know what I might be missing? Thanks very much....john

8 REPLIES 8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, that is the units. They come with nuts, bolts and washers and of course instructions.
Price is a little high.
Amazon

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, that looks like it. I may have misspoke also. The baseplates are the part that attach to the vehicle. There are different types, but they are often small receivers similar to a trailer hitch. Then there is the part that slides in and out of those receivers, but I don't know the official name for those. The part 222 attaches to those. When the tow bar is not in use those items can be removed from the vehicle.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Just to be sure, the item below is the part 222 that you folks are referring to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roadmaster-222-Quick-Disconnects-Car-Side-Only-RV-Parts-/261616031855

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
The item you're missing is the base plates. Those are specific to the type of vehicle you are going to mount it on. Then like the above person said, you need the part that attaches to those baseplates. The photo below shows a set of baseplates and then the part #222 that bolts to the baseplates:

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Great! Thanks so very much. We'll be towing a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. Anybody have a favorite disconnect they would be willing to recommend/

Thanks again folks

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The tow bar is complete.
You will need the brackets for the vehicle and part #222 to complete the connection. Part 222 is a half set of the quick disconnects. They are bolted to the brackets on the toad.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Probably the plate that connects to the vehicle.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the big pictures. Not sure why they're so big