cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on Winnebago class A's

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 vista with a bedroom slide, I have the diagrams from Winnebago which show the slides, but they don.t cover their construction or materials other than a part number. My question is simply,,,,,
Is the exterior wall at the head of the bed, foam core construction similar to the regular sidewalls? Or are they plywood? To tap them, they feel harder, it would make sense that they would be more substantial than the other walls, but I cant find any documentation to verify. I contacted Winne customer service and he thought they were foam but was not certain.
Has anyone torn into one?
3 REPLIES 3

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. Winne care tech thought they were, and sent me the plans, but the plans don't detail the materials, they simply list part numbers.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Both slide walls and fixed walls are constructed of the same material. I am surprised Winnebago customer service couldn't confirm that
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

wguss
Explorer
Explorer
I ran a wire down from the sconce light in my 2005 Sightseer to add a usb charger next to the shelf in my slide. I had to fish the wire down through the 1"+ foam that is sandwiched between the inside wood and the outside skin.

If you have the sconces you should be able to remove one and see the composition of the wall.