cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for Nexus Owners

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering a Nexus 23P and have a few questions. How comfortable is the deluxe dinette to sit/sleep on? How comfortable is the bed in the cab? Does Nexus provide a bunk ladder? what options do you consider a must?

My problem is that I travel with my elderly Mom and neither of us want to climb into the bunk. so we need two beds on the main level. But, I also would like/need a comfortable place to sit as I have back issues. Dinettes are notoriously uncomfortable to sit on and a recliner would be terrific. So I need a comfortable dinette or being willing to climb into the cabover. Sigh. Am I missing any other solutions?

I'm going to the Hersey Rv show so I will see one in person but am curious as to what current owners think.
19 REPLIES 19

JT
Explorer
Explorer
The Ford E 350 chassis has a gvwr of 12500; the E 450 has a gvwr of 14500. Why would one say that the E. 350 has a greater capacity than the E 450? :h

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
ColoRockiesFan wrote:
Thanks for your help! If the cabover bed is comfortable enough, i can have Nexus add. 2 Euro Recliners or a very comfortable reclining sofa. I also plan to get the solar package. I have it on my current trailer and its wonderful!

Quick question. Where is the spare tire?

The spare is an option you have to request. Have them mount it under the rear of the coach. When, I did not say "if", you have a flat you will have something for the ERS guy to mount . Good luck.

ColoRockiesFan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your help! If the cabover bed is comfortable enough, i can have Nexus add. 2 Euro Recliners or a very comfortable reclining sofa. I also plan to get the solar package. I have it on my current trailer and its wonderful!

Quick question. Where is the spare tire?

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Virginia, we have put 19,000+ miles on our 2012 Phantom 23P in just the last 13 months and absolutely love it! No they do not come with a ladder but Lowe's or Home Depot can solve that easily enough. We just step up on the top of the forward dinette seat and crawl into the cabover bunk(and for the record we are 62/63). It is huge, well ventilated and lit, lots of headroom and the bunk is very comfortable but a little firm.

The rear innerspring queen is awesome, one of the most comfortable beds we have ever owned. The "Pleather"simulated leather of the dinette is wonderful and while we never use it for a bed it is a great place go sit or loung.

Must have's:

The 5 way adjustble electric drivers seat is standard.
A second coach battery
We like the Maple interior
A 55 gallon fuel tank
The 3 burner stove with conventional LP oven
The U shaped dinette - would not have bought without it
Skip their electronics and get a Rand McNalley 7720 GPS and add a Scan Gauge
At least one Maxair Turbo vent and if not two add a Maxair cover to the forward vent, our Turbo is over the queen and often allows us to sleep without AC
A spare tire, I had them add an under the rear of the coach mount to get it off the back bumper
Seat belts for two in the coach
Go with E350 chassis, better ride, mileage and more payload than the E450

PM me if you would like more info but our P23 is as close to the mythical "Perfect Coach" as we will ever get. We are currently 2 weeks into another trip, left northern CA this morning, will be in Laughlin by noon tomorrow. This one will add another 2,500 miles and BTW, we consistently get 9.5 mpg cruising between 55-62 and no we will never have a Toad.

bzboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 28P that we picked up in March. Just passed 11,000 miles.

How comfortable is the dinette? I would say not bad. Its not going to compare to a bed at home. The cushions are a little on the soft side.

How comfortable is the bed in cab? It sleeps a little better than the dinette. The cushions are a little firmer. And definitely more room to than the dinette area..

No Nexus does not provide a bunk ladder. But you can pick up a step ladder that will do just the same.

Definite options? inverter, upgraded driving seats, 15000 btu air cond, extra house battery, tilt awning, full body paint, upgraded navigation unit.
Maybe not everyone's options but they were mine.

Any other solutions? I do think it is possible to put something together to connect the dinette and the sleeper couch together into one queen sized sleeping unit but i havent gotten there yet. Too much time enjoying the rest of the unit.

Any other questions let me know