cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio fuse bypass on a 06 Honda CRV.

kiloo9
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to install a bypass switch on the radio/accessories fuse circuit on my 06 CRV, I pulled the fuse #8(7.5 amp)on the fuse panel (per car instructions), the problem is that when I pulled the fuse, the radio still plays and when I turn it OFF the dial still stays lit, I set the key and set the trany on Drive and nothing happens. Has any body worked on a 06 CRV and got it right? I do not want to start removing other fuses, may create a problem I do not have. Help would be appreciated.
"Freedom is not Free"
Ask a Veteran
5 REPLIES 5

kiloo9
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Scott, how are you doing buddy? Well, after towing an 02 and 06 CRV for about 6 years and not having any troubles, it finally happen on my last trip, my battery was week when we got home from California, so I figure why not, something to do, got nothing but time.
I have Ready Brake (surge brakes)so when the surge brake activate the brake pedal it turns the CRV brake lights ON so I did installed an isolation switch for IN TOW and DRIVE conditions,on both of the CRVs, I figure I would incorporate the fuse issue on the same switch and both circuits would work together, Just fur fun I tell you, Ha ha
"Freedom is not Free"
Ask a Veteran

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Hey José,
What are you trying to do now Partner? I thought you had all that done already:h I don't know what you're outlook on this is but, we're supposed to pull a fuse on our '11 Honda CRV too but, that fuse, I think its #34, can't remember, is one serious pain in the a$$ to get to and pull. So, I did it the simple way. I set up a charge wire from the coach trailer plug to the positive post on the CRV battery and, it's been like that for oh, about 8,000 miles of towing so far.

The Honda starts first time, every time, after short, long, intermediate towing time frames. I could tow that thing from CA to NY and not have a dead or low battery. But, if you'd like to pull that fuse, each and every time, or, set up a switch to turn it off, that will work too. Good luck.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
The trouble with the CRV (at least with my 2009 model year) is that the radio (and in fact the entire dash) is back-lit as soon as the key is turned to accessory. This is what runs down the battery as you tow. I chose to solve the problem by running a charge line from my RV 7-blade trailer connector to the Honda battery.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

Dyngbld
Explorer
Explorer
I would just turn off the radio, I am not familiar with the CRV, but every radio I have ever installed or owned has an on/off switch. Why bother pulling a fuse, or is there another reason for the by-pass?
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e7bd775c-4d1e-46d4-850d-e014153937be

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have a Honda so I can't answer your question directly, but are you sure the radio doesn't turn off after a while? On most newer cars I've owned if you put the key in the acc position the radio will play but will turn off after a certain time limit. I know my Dodge Dakota truck does this because I was tailgating before and A's game last year and trying to listen to the Giants game on the radio at the same time, and about every 10 or 15 minutes the radio would go off and I'd have to go recycle the key to start it playing again.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4