cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking Manufacturers

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
This is just an opinion poll. Simply looking for your opinion. Not looking for you to tell me what is best for me. This is a time for your opinion to shine.

If you were to rate the top 5 or 10 manufacturers of Gas motorhomes under $200k, what would your list look like?

When looking at your list, why do you rate them this way?
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser
29 REPLIES 29

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Most folks will recommend what they purchased unless they have had an extremely bad experience. The best thing to do is to continue reading and soon enough you will start to see some trends. Then after you start to narrow it down to a few manufacturers check out the various owners groups over on iRV2 (about half way down you'll see the owners forums) and walk through/drive as many as possible.

iRV2 Forums

Obviously the owners are biased, but I have found many post over there looking for a resolution to a specific issue without trashing all the manufacturers. Good luck and take your time.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1

You make an excellent point. Maybe it would be easier to put them in classes and not necessarily a ranking system.

I did look on line for ranking and did not fined anything close to definitive.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only problem is the people that bought a Tiffin thinks that is the best. People that bought a Monaco think that is the best. Obviously anyone that bought an RV thinks what they bought is the best for the money they spent and very few will admit to being idiots and making a bad choice. Unless you find someone on this forum that has owned many different coaches, and can be totally objective in their ranking, then you are just getting opinions from people that have never owned certain makes or are just giving a biased opinion of what they did buy.
Your best way is to try to search through old reviews online about certain coaches you may be interested in. That way you usually can get an unbiased report about the different models.

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
univmd wrote:
1.) Gulfstream
2.) Alfa
3.) Coachmen
4.) Forest River
5.) Thor

Seriously? What a junky list!
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Tiffin is very good.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
univmd wrote:
1.) Gulfstream
2.) Alfa
3.) Coachmen
4.) Forest River
5.) Thor

Did Alpha make a gas unit?

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

rollingslow
Explorer
Explorer
rexair-newmar-tiffen thor-alfa..just my op i would put monaco and hr in there but dont no about new owners

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have been really impressed by the quality of our Newmar and the customer support is really wonderful!
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time will tell, but maybe the new Monaco's. If they have the same quality as our 15 year old one, we would purchase in a heartbeat.

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
1.) Gulfstream
2.) Alfa
3.) Coachmen
4.) Forest River
5.) Thor
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see.

1. Tiffin
2. Tiffin
3. Tiffin
4. Tiffin
5. Tiffin

We have had great service from Techs, and parts by Tele, when needed. 10th year and the Allegro is still almost like new, even after 5 years fulltime.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!:E
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's a short list.
I'm satisfied,with the quality and reliability of our 96 Southwind.
However, our next motorhome will probably be a Tiffin or Winnebago.
To me, the quality seems better.
I will look at others before buying. And it will be under $200,000.

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
my rankings
visual appeal. thor, jayco , winnebago
value. thor , winnebago, jayco
reliability. jayco, winnebago , thor
floorplan. winnebago, thor , jayco

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had five gas Class A, and one diesel pusher. Quality-wise today, I would guess that Winnebago products would be worth a look. But, there's no way I could make a rating list. I just know what I would buy, but it would not be a gas unit.
I would buy a new Allegro Bus 45LP.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've owned several motor homes but have not owned one of EVERY brand so it is impossible for me to compare or rate coaches that I have not owned or compare factory service for dealers I've never been to.