cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

remote temp sensors for Air Conditioners - cant find them

lovin_it
Explorer
Explorer
Our little 1997 31' Fleetwood Southwind Storm has been an outstanding addition to the family.
Recently, the a/c compressors failed to come on. We've traced the problem to a break in the wire from the temperature sensors. We found and fixed the sensor wire for the rear ac unit.
For the life of me.... i can't find the sensor for the front ac unit.
Might there be any STorm people who could tell me where i might look for the sensor for the front AC unit.
Thanks so much for your help!!!
mary/mark
mark and mary and 3 cats
1998 Fleetwood Storm
5 REPLIES 5

lovin_it
Explorer
Explorer
Cheese flavored wires!! Should have known. :B
mark and mary and 3 cats
1998 Fleetwood Storm

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Cheese flavored wires do that.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

lovin_it
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!!!!! Found it. It was in the bottom of the overhead cabinet behind the drivers seat.

there's an odd thing about our ac. Our temp sensors test ok at the sensor, but they test "dead" at the thermostat. Neither ac would work using the thermostat. The fans work but neither compressor would turn on. We jumped them directly to the thermostat and both ac units work. We are guessing that some little "mouse" chewed the wires.
When we took our unit to a dealer for a roof sealing, we acquired a mouse who chewed threw the wires to the backup camera. We are guessing that he also chewed the wires from the temp sensor since it's the same kind of wire.

thanks very much
mark and mary
mark and mary and 3 cats
1998 Fleetwood Storm

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Depending where the thermostat is located, the thermostat may be the sensor for the front A/C.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood tries to not put them on outside walls because they are affected by heat transfer. The remote sensor for my front space is installed in the bottom of the over head cabinet behind the passenger seat. Yours may be installed the same wa
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows