cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replace carpets on floor

konarskij
Explorer
Explorer
hi. i have 2001winnabago adventure kitchen floor has some kind of laminate up to entrance way then turns to carpet to front dash i want to replace carpet to what ever that laminate is it looks like it has adhesive on it if anybody has replaced carpet what did you and how do you do under slide outs thanks
1 REPLY 1

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
I had carpet and kitchen flooring like yours.
I tore it all out!! (And discovered the carpet installer had a love affair with the staple machine and he (or she) put down a staple almost every square inch!!)
After getting up the carpet and thousands of staples, the removal of the kitchen floor was easy - heat it with a hair dryer on high and just slowly pull it up - and toss it away.
Now - choice about new floring - I selected 'engineered Oak' - a laminate of real oak on top of a substrate that provides stability. I purchased 3 inch TIG (Tongue In groove) from an online discount place and had it delivered. YES, it was a slow process to get it all installed properly, but it looks GREAT!! (Installation sequence pics are available on request)
Downside - the slide rollers make a 2 inch wide indentation in the wood! When the slide is in, it does not show - when the slide is out, we cover it with throw rugs.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!