cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing air filter on V-10 Triton engine

georgiebc
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone tell me how to open the air box to replace the air filter on my 2006 Ford Triton V-10 engine. I have loosened the top air duct clamp and opened the 3 clamps facing the front of the motorhome. I cannot get the box to open more than about a quarter of an inch in the front only. I don't feel any clamps on the back side that I cannot see. Obviously I am missing a clamp or two....or something.
Thanks for any help.
Bob
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3500 DS
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Stowmaster tow gear
FMCA Member # F405266
8 REPLIES 8

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Kaz wrote:
Same issue here. I'm going to FMCA Perry next week and I'm going to find someone who can 'splain it to me. I'll report back.

Thanks Skip.
2013 ACE 29.2

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
Same issue here. I'm going to FMCA Perry next week and I'm going to find someone who can 'splain it to me. I'll report back.
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has NO clearance to open it up. I was wondering the same thing. I almost feel like I'd have to remove the doghouse to provide enough space to lift it up and away. Accessing it from the front leaves no room to lift it up.
2013 ACE 29.2

georgiebc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone !!
I was afraid to force anything for fear of breaking something.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3500 DS
2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Stowmaster tow gear
FMCA Member # F405266

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Note all above the above are saying pull up FRONT, back has tabs that face rear so once front up it moves backward to finish releasing.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
Loosen the clamp at the back right side to the round intake tube. Pull up hard on the front top half after releasing clamps. Not easy but won't hurt anything.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The soft rubber gasket on the filter will hold on to the cover a bit. Give it a whack with a mallet to break it loose. There are only the two clips on the front that you need to open. In the back are lips, kind of like a firewall mounted fuse box, the hold the back on. Once you get the front open an inch or so the rear surfaces will release.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Might be clamps on a box close to the fender that has clamps on it also. The hose that feeds the air filter comes from that box.
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179