cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Roof Top A/C units

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
We're doing a major renovation of our 10 year old National MH this year, (roof work, slide seals and paint) and I'm thinking about replacing both Duo-Therm A/C units only because they are 10 years old. Both still work fine but as any electro-mechanical devices exposed to the elements, they have a limited lifetime and repairs/replacements on the road are generally more expensive.

I may even replace one 10k BTU unit with a larger (15K BTU) one.

Are there better units available?...better brands, newer technology?

I'd like to be able to use the same controller which also controls the furnaces etc.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty
31 REPLIES 31

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although I understand your argument that replacements on the road may be difficult, what are the odds that both units go out at the same time? Your unit has ducted air right? I have the same year National RV as you and both my units still work fine. I wouldn't even consider just replacing them just for the sake of age. When they go out I'll replace them. It's not like only running on one AC unit creates an emergency or leaves you stranded.

Sorry, I realize that doesn't answer your question, but I was just having trouble understanding the logic.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have the lcd CCC system so you will have to stick with Dometic
You do NOT have a 10k. you either have a 11k in the bedroom and a 13.5k up front or 2 13.5k units. Doug