cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entry Door Striker Plate Adjustment

LOG
Explorer
Explorer
I need assistance adjusting the door latch on my 2007 Itasca Sunova 26P motorhome. If someone has adjusted their door latch or knows the procedure on how to adjust the door mechanism I would appreciate your help. Specifically, I need to lower the striker bolt. The striker bolt has an allen key slot in the end of the bolt, but I need to know if I need to access the rear of the striker bolt. There appears to be a plastic cover plate behind the striker bolt. Do I need to remove the plastic panel and access the striker bolt from the backside of the door facing? Thanks.
LOG
2005 Chinook Glacier
1 REPLY 1

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
All of the ones I've seen do not require you to access the rear of the bolt. The nut on the back side is a big plate floating in a track. Just loosen the allen head slightly and lightly tap the bolt with a hammer into the correct position before tightening the allen head fastener. The trick is holding it in position as you tighten as it often wants to move a little as you tighten. If you get it too far back, the door may become very hard to open.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida