Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Antifreeze

I’ve been in Florida the last 35 years but traveling cross country to cold weather . Do I need antifreeze in my radiator during my travels

Class A Insurance

Who has the best (doesn't fight every thing) I'm looking at a class A and have been told by my current carrier that they would not cover it.I have heard from friends that if you buy something over 10 years old you get jacked up on rates. Wondering if...

Sprinter Fuel Filler Opening

I just noticed something on our 2016 Sprinter that is different than the 2008 we had. The metal restrictor gizmo in the neck is gone. Previously, if you used a high volume diesel nozzle, you had to hold it in such a way that you don't spill fuel all ...

Wet cell batteries - Dangerous gases ?

I recently replaced my AGM batteries with wet cell golf cart batteries (since this is the only type of 6V batteries available at SAM club).The batteries are housed in the battery compartment under the main entry steps with rubber seal on top (Winneba...

Transfer switch buzzing

Hey guys I have a 96 Bounder 34j with 11k miles and it has a PowerTek PDC-1001 distribution box. I have already read that the transfer switch is attached to the back of the box. When I am plugged into shore power I get a constant buzzing noise. For t...

cm2785 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Double Pane Windows

We have lost the seal in two side windows in our 2007 HR. We have to replace the glass because the etching is excessive and cannot be cleaned. The question is, do we use tempered glass as was originally installed or just standard glass? OEM or after ...

2_Peeps by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

1997 Coachman Catalina Newbie Electricity help!

Hi everyone,My fiancé and I just bought a 1997 Coachman Catalina M 285 QB and have no idea how to hook up appliances while boondocking. Hoping someone can give me some probably obvious pointers. We found the generator. Onan 4000 microlite which isn't...

New Dynamax Isata 5 30FW

Has anyone seen this new model in 4 X 4. the article in Motorhome magazine made it look very interesting. There was a concern in the review about the front axle weight, but seemed like it would be great for winter camping.

Rickj91 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter battery maintenance

This is my first winter with our 96 Winnebago 37 RW. I have to store it in a storage lot and need to know what to do with the batteries for the winter. I believe I have one coach battery and 2 house batteries. I have heard to bring them home and p...

cdcrumba by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie - '90 Holiday Rambler Limited DP - HWH Jack System

I'm looking for help on a 1990 HR Limited we're seriously considering, and really like, but have some concerns.It's been well cared for, but has some issues that make us afraid it will empty our wallets. If we can figure out how serious these are, we...

JorgeS by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Moisture in tail light

My week for advice. I have a 2013 Itasca Ellipse which is new to me. I have been fixing a few minor things. It rain very hard a frequently a few days ago. I ended up with moisture in the tail light. The sun beats on it most of daylight hours and the ...

Slide out awning cover

I have awning cover on my 05 HR DP and it has stopped retracting when slid in. Before I climb up and look, anyone got experience with this kind of issue. Thanks

LP wtr heater, CO alarm

I have 2000 Itasca Horizon 36 DP. The last three times I've used the LP water heater the CO alarm has gone off. It works well with AC power but unable to use LP option that has worked very well for past several years. Any idea where to look? I can't...