Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right class c for me?

Browntrout73
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,
So we are family of three (me,wife and 2 yr old). We currently have a 26 ft fifth wheel that we are sick of. Tired of towing, hitching etc...We want to make a move into a class c. My background is VW Campers so I am aware of their limitations. We like to boondock and do forest service roads., with occaisional RV park. Overall length maybe 26 max and hopefully good ground clearance. Firstly we were excited about sprinters due to the fuel economy and easy manueverability. But I have been reading scary reviews of their touchy computers and trans failures etc. not to mention how much $$ they are to get into. so now we are looking into good ol american iron. I am mechinally inclined so would like to find something not too computer dependant, like 2007 and earlier. What advice do you all have? Ford, Chevy? How easy are they to drive, manueverabilty? Need for a toad? Big question is are they safe to use a car seat and if so which seat is best for a car seat? Is it possible get into one for $20k or so? Sprinter is not out of the question if we can find one at *cough* a decent price
Any direction would be greatly appreciated
16 REPLIES 16

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
we,ve had class A,s C,s and TT ,we now have a sprinter 25ft short story were never going back to the others. I have more leg room when driving than the others ,20 plus mpg ,I 5cyc diesel . what more do you need.

Ive got a Coachman Freedom Express class C., 24' , sleeps 4 adults and 2 kids. Its just myself in it and I just love this thing. It would be ideal for a small family too. The outside storage is 103 cu. ft. which is monstrous for cargo. Gets about 11 mph on the highway if you keep it out of passing gear going up inclines . VERY maneuverable around town and comfortable to drive. Very reliable so far and ive had it for 5 years.

Its a Camping World design which Coachman built for Camping World. VERY well thought out and great use of space. Ill bet you could get a 5 year old Rig like this for under $28 k. having low mileage.

My model is a 21QB . In fact, ive thought about selling mine and going back to a Class B Van RV or a small Travel Trailer since I RV alone.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we,ve had class A,s C,s and TT ,we now have a sprinter 25ft short story were never going back to the others. I have more leg room when driving than the others ,20 plus mpg ,I 5cyc diesel . what more do you need.