cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV'ers with No Goodyear G670 Problems

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us how pleased you are with your G670 on your Class A.
On my Second set, no problems
80 REPLIES 80

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rivering is a real problem with theG670s.
Shocks is one of the excuses given by Goodyear.There was 4,000 miles on the coach when we first noticed the problem.
Sitting at the RV factory repair 2 years ago there were several there that had the tires changed or were getting them changed, just up the road because of rivering.
It is clear not all G670s performed badly. We still have four on the rear of the coach. They ride hard and will be replaced with Michelins for that reason.

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Sully2 wrote:
Cbones wrote:
All I can offer is anecdotal evidence. I had the G670s on my coach from new. I had several alignments where different facilities each told me that the coach required no adjustment. . I have had nothing but rivering issues and exceptionally hard ride for 60,000 miles. I switched to Michelins, and it feels like better than a new ride. The ride is so much softer and less jarring, it is like night and day. I will NEVER put these******tires on this or another coach. To me the Michelins were worth the premium.

And all I can offer is evidence to the contrary. 5 years..approx 30,xxx miles...never had any sort of alignment...no rivering at all...Inflated to 120 psi front and 110 psi rear.....

If it werent for the FACT that one day here I spent all day calling LG tire joints and they all acted like they had the very last set of tires available in the USA and wnated WAR prices for them.....Id redo my coact in 2013 with them again.

Did someone mention Michelins?? At $902 $$$ EACH here Id drive mine on the rims and replace them....

We are close Scully, I run 115 front, 110 rear. No rivering, no blowout, no issues.MMMM, I guess my tires are bad.

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
The Goodyear bashers are always here. Here is a question...do all these tire places know alignment specs for your coach? Do you? I do, never had a problem on second set now. There is nothing wrong with these tires. if there were we would ALL have problems. 2 blowouts in one day! and you think its goodyears fault? Do you really know the odds of that happening. As I said before, know one on here is ever at fault, its always the tires!

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Cbones wrote:
All I can offer is anecdotal evidence. I had the G670s on my coach from new. I had several alignments where different facilities each told me that the coach required no adjustment. . I have had nothing but rivering issues and exceptionally hard ride for 60,000 miles. I switched to Michelins, and it feels like better than a new ride. The ride is so much softer and less jarring, it is like night and day. I will NEVER put these******tires on this or another coach. To me the Michelins were worth the premium.

And all I can offer is evidence to the contrary. 5 years..approx 30,xxx miles...never had any sort of alignment...no rivering at all...Inflated to 120 psi front and 110 psi rear.....

If it werent for the FACT that one day here I spent all day calling LG tire joints and they all acted like they had the very last set of tires available in the USA and wnated WAR prices for them.....Id redo my coact in 2013 with them again.

Did someone mention Michelins?? At $902 $$$ EACH here Id drive mine on the rims and replace them....
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Cbones
Explorer
Explorer

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
5 year old G670's.
Stored 100% inside
Inflated to GY specs and Winnie Specs
2 Blowouts in 1 day.
Enough said.

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
lavocat wrote:
If you are running 13 yr old tires you are asking for trouble. Don't matter how good they look they are an accident waiting to happen.

Agree!

lavocat
Explorer
Explorer
If you are running 13 yr old tires you are asking for trouble. Don't matter how good they look they are an accident waiting to happen.
2006 Foretravel Phenix 42ft
2011 GMC Sierra P/U 4x4
Blue Ox Adventa II
SMI SIlent Partner

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
topflite51 wrote:
Don Don wrote:
427435 wrote:
Modracer wrote:
Replaced steer tires after 35,000 miles due to rivering. Found that the OEM Monroe shocks were bad. Replaced steer tires with 670's and the Monroes with Bilsteins. 7,000 miles later, all is well.

When I had a flat fixed on one of my MH tires at a Goodyear store, I asked about rivering. They told me that is what happens if the shocks are bad. All I know is that my 245R70/19.5's are 6 years old and were put on at the same time as Koni FSD shocks------------and they are wearing very even at 37,000 miles.

He was correct.
Ouch! Be very careful telling anyone it is not the tire it is something like shocks, after all the experts have said its the tires. You will become Public Enemy Numero Uno!

It is not the tires. If there was a problem like everyone is trying to make out to be there would be a massive recall which there has not been. If these tires were bad, they would all be bad and we all would have problems. Not happening.

Happy_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
My 19.5 Good Years are 13 years old with 43,000 miles. No problems. Still look good no cracking ect. Have always stored inside.
Travel Safe - Enjoy
Happy Jim
1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2006 Chevy HHR Toad

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Don Don wrote:
427435 wrote:
Modracer wrote:
Replaced steer tires after 35,000 miles due to rivering. Found that the OEM Monroe shocks were bad. Replaced steer tires with 670's and the Monroes with Bilsteins. 7,000 miles later, all is well.

When I had a flat fixed on one of my MH tires at a Goodyear store, I asked about rivering. They told me that is what happens if the shocks are bad. All I know is that my 245R70/19.5's are 6 years old and were put on at the same time as Koni FSD shocks------------and they are wearing very even at 37,000 miles.

He was correct.
Ouch! Be very careful telling anyone it is not the tire it is something like shocks, after all the experts have said its the tires. You will become Public Enemy Numero Uno!
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Weathertodd221 wrote:
mike brez wrote:
No more problems for me since I ditched them and got Hankook AH11s. The GY rear blow out was enough for me.

what makes you think those tires are any better?

Google a hankook and look at all the problems. People buy cheap and cheap is going to wind up and cost you more.....just wait.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Had 670 on three coaches,, Love them.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Weathertodd221
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
No more problems for me since I ditched them and got Hankook AH11s. The GY rear blow out was enough for me.

what makes you think those tires are any better?

lavocat
Explorer
Explorer
Had them on my 42 ft Foretravel and let them hit 6 yrs old with right at 20,000 miles on them and had a front blow out last year doing 70 mph...not a good experience. No warning at all. Nothing left of the tire after to inspect. All I can say is no matter what brand do not let them go past 5yrs and if you do not on the front please.
2006 Foretravel Phenix 42ft
2011 GMC Sierra P/U 4x4
Blue Ox Adventa II
SMI SIlent Partner