cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad Day

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Put the coach away for the winter today after 3 weeks of getting it ready oil changes and winterize the coach.We have long winters in Ohio and we store our coach at the fair grounds . So will not see it till at least the end of March. What do you do all winter to keep your busy so you do not get depressed. Any Ideas would be great . Thanks for this great site
16 REPLIES 16

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Like you we live in the snow belt, Michigan. Peronally I wouldn't dive ours over the salted road to move it for vacation. I just got done this year painting all the rust on the structural steel from the lousy Fleetwood paint job.

Not too mentioned the thought of trying to beat the snow on the roads traveling. Rather jump on a jet and head somewhere warm.

But ours is in a nearby storage yard. Until we got a power sight I went every two weels to run the gen to keep a charge on the batteries. I don't remove them. This year I'll do the same even though we now have electric at the storage site. Put a load on the gen and run it.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keep traveling. Winter is a great time to visit some of the National Parks. The Grand Canyon in January is practically deserted and you can enjoy the beauty without any of the crowds. At the RV park inside the Grand Canyon we were one of six other RV's. The deer were wandering all through the park between the RV's. There a lot of RV parks that are open all year and we have never had trouble finding a place to stay.