cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling RV @ PPL (consignment)

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously thinking of taking our '07 Phaeton to PPL to see what they can get for it. My health outlook is not very good at this juncture which mandates that we sell the coach as soon as possible. I hate the drive (901 miles) down there because we just returned from the MD Cancer Clinic in Houston. Have you or do you know others who have had good/bad luck using PPL? I need your imput on what to look out for. Your advice will be very useful to me whether it be negative or positive. Thanks much. jim
9 REPLIES 9

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't have anyone to drive the rig there for you please let us know. Maybe someone on here could volunteer to do it for you. You can contact me if you want and see if we can work out a way to make this happen for you.

Don't be afraid to ask.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

rtate
Explorer
Explorer
PPL is great to deal with. They will move your unit quickly if priced right.
2014 Ram CTD 4x2 SRW 3.42 68 RE auto trans
Big Horn 3055RL

Restless

San Marcos Tx

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches TX. They sold my coach and sent a driver to pick it up for me. They are great people to deal with and sell mostly class As.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only have heard good things through the years... Time and time again. 🙂
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We placed our 5er on consignment with PPL last year. We're fulltimers and turned the keys over to them and left the state. 5er sold in a couple of weeks and the money was transfered into our account in a couple of days. Our buyers alo came from our of state. Would use them again wihout a dought.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a friend that sold his National Tradewinds at PPL a few years ago. Nice experience. The only problem is that they don't plug in their units. Our friend had heavy solar on the roof and the guy told him that his unit was the only one that would start without a boost.

When we decided to sell our 2008 Monaco Dynasty, we decided to take it to Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches, TX about 50 miles north of Houston. What drew me to this place was that they keep all of their coaches plugged in and the air on (if summer). They also keep all the slides in until a customer wants to tour the coach.

You just never know in Texas when a storm will pop up. You don't want to lose those toppers. Now, Motorhomes of Texas is a smaller outfit but they carry quality units. Ours sold in 90 days at a very comfortable price and their commission was a little less than PPL.

MOT will clean and detail the unit, take wonderful pictures and a video of your motorhome. We were very pleased with their operation.

Ask for Jason (sales manager) if you decide to go that route.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We recently sold our motorhome through PPL. We drove it from Arizona. The buying party flew in from Florida and it sold within a month. We were extremely satisfied with the whole process.

PPL 'suggested' a selling price but we upped it because everyone wants you to come down. As it turned out, the party paid more than PPL's suggestion so that worked.

We had PPL detail it and it was sparkling. We bought it new and used the motorhome for 10 years while full-timing. We kept kept every service record and all manuals with it. That was one comment the new buyer made - "thanks for the records".

I think your '07 will sell fast and it will be worth the drive down. It will give you peace of mind to have someone else do all the work for you. Selling a RV takes time if you try to do it on your own. PPL moves a LOT of RVs, especially ones that have been well taken care of. It is a well-known place for buying and selling.

Keep a positive outlook on your medical issues!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
I used Camping World and would use them again. I mention this because of a shorter drive. PM me if you would like further information.

Bob

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some friends just bought a used MH there. He had nothing but good things to say about it.

It's a consignment lot, huge inventory, prices are firm, and sales are final.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman