cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
If I sell a MH in Virginia to a Pa resident can I just give him a Bill of Sale and will it work for transport if he gets stopped in either state. He want's me to leave the plate on bu Va says it must be turned in and I don't have faith he will ever return it.
19 REPLIES 19

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Keep your plate. If he want to put a phony/bogus plate on it just to get home have him use one of his own. I have used my own bogus plate many times for transporting when buying a vehicle.
If your plate is on it you may be liable down the road. Your plate will certainly lead the authorities to you.

And why not go to the local motor vehicle department and get a temp tag and do it the right way?
2012 American Coach Revolution

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The simplest and IMHO best solution is to take him or her to the nearest DMV office and get a trip permit--a temporary registration valid for three days to allow a newly-purchased vehicle to be brought home. The cost is five dollars.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Bill of sale is all he will need if he gets stopped.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Keep your plate. If he want to put a phony/bogus plate on it just to get home have him use one of his own. I have used my own bogus plate many times for transporting when buying a vehicle.
If your plate is on it you may be liable down the road. Your plate will certainly lead the authorities to you.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A citizen of Virginia unsure if he/she should follow Virginia motor vehicle law for an instate motor vehicle sale. And your question is?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad