cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seneca Duramax service question (power steering fluid hose)

SanDiegoScubaDi
Explorer
Explorer
Hose leading from the fluid reservoir to the power steering assembly is showing cracks. How difficult is it to replace. It appears to be pretty straight forward with a couple of screw type hose clamps. Just not sure if it requires a complicated bleeding process upon refilling the reservoir. Anyone done this or suggestions?

Thanks
Derek, Lykke...
and Kane and Sweet Pea our Llewellin Setters who really are in command of our rig!

2005 Jayco Seneca 35GS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4 REPLIES 4

SanDiegoScubaDi
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that was my thought also on pressure, as there are no pressure fittings on the hose. All other hoses look fine. Not sure why this one looks so bad. I have the replacement hose, so will just replace it, but will make sure I do as you mentioned above to bleed out any residual air in the lines. thanks!
Derek, Lykke...
and Kane and Sweet Pea our Llewellin Setters who really are in command of our rig!

2005 Jayco Seneca 35GS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ronfisherman
SanDiegoScubaDiver wrote:
Hose leading from the fluid reservoir to the power steering assembly is showing cracks.

Hose from the reservoir to power steering pump has no pressure on it. A couple of cracks in outside diameter may not be a problem. But if you have the time get it done. Check return line to reservoir while your at it.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
When changing power steering components all I've ever done is fill the reservoir, turn steering wheel to and fro' then check fluid, repeat until it reaches proper level.

ronfisherman
I have not changed a hose on the power steering. Have changed oil and filter. Should be no problem. You can get oil and filter at NAPA. May be able to get hose there also. The power steering pump also supplies the hydro boost for brakes. Make sure you cycle brake pedal and steering wheel to get all air out with engine off and running.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD