cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service appointments

ncfd410
Explorer
Explorer
Why does it take over two weeks to schedule an appointment to get service work done? I need to get the hydraulic jacks serviced. I had a retract failure alarm and a loss of hydraulic fluid. I am attempting to schedule an appointment to get it fixed and two weeks is the earliest I can get. Does this seem normal or am I lost?
Ed and Muriel
2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 35 F
24 REPLIES 24

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
ncfd410 wrote:
The one I called who can get me in in 19 days said "our goal is to look at your vehicle within 3 days of it arriving and it usually takes two weeks to get parts.'
I understand the parts, but if it take two plus weeks to get an appointment why does it take three extra days to look at it? And if three days is their goal, how often do they not make the goal? And this is a Camping World facility. Or am I just that naive?

Sorry, having run large automobile dealerships for a living, this does not make sense FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE.

Why in the world would they want to have the extra storage for 3 extra days of coach storage PLUS 2 weeks of coach storage for parts. BTW, what parts take 2 weeks to arrive-- are they coming from New Zealand? Central Africa?

Yes, I can see ground transportation time delay with an offer to customer to pay upgrade to shorten the wait.

The correct way to do it is for the service writer to open an RO (Repair Order) on a coach as soon as it comes in. Dispatch to a tech to diagnose and order parts-- fix if minor or parts in stock. Park out of the way if waiting for parts. Parts department to update service writer/dispatcher daily on parts status for all vehicles in for service.

Now, the delay between customer initial phone call and service appointment has to do with: number of techs, service load as well as how organized the service department/parts departments are.

Pretty basic-- the more coaches they service on a timely basis, the more money they make and more customers they make happy.

THIS AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of independent shops survive on regular work from car, truck, or bus fleet customers.

Your rv repair is a once in a while type event.

The shop will fit your work in once the fleet customers' are cared for.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

TZScales
Explorer
Explorer
May I suggest you look at the link below. Look up the State of Pennsylvania and there may be a city near you with a service facility that may be able to address your RV issue sooner.

rvservicereviews.com
TZS and Wife :B
2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV
Cummins ISX 525 Horsepower
Allison 4000 Six Speed Transmission
Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
2004 Ford F250
Blueox Aventa LX Tow Bar
SMI Air Force One

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
ncfd410 wrote:
The one I called who can get me in in 19 days said "our goal is to look at your vehicle within 3 days of it arriving and it usually takes two weeks to get parts.'
I understand the parts, but if it take two plus weeks to get an appointment why does it take three extra days to look at it? And if three days is their goal, how often do they not make the goal? And this is a Camping World facility. Or am I just that naive?
You answered your own question. Camping World facility. Most good rv shops will have a back log this time of year. I have the same problem with my business. Everyone wants their rv or hot rod fixed now, not back in the winter when it would make more sense.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Search the web and try to troubleshoot the problem yourself. A lot of times fixes can be a lot quicker than the time it takes to drop off and pick up at a shop. If you are under warranty, wait.

ncfd410
Explorer
Explorer
Ed and Muriel
2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 35 F

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Normal in the Busy season. Doug

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you find a shop that says "we have nothing to do, bring it in right now" I would not have them do any work. If they are busy then they must have customers that like there work.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
In a shop,yes.

The good shops usually book ahead about 6 weeks.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
for a shop yes.if you want done earlier call a mobile tech.