cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Side Window Solar Screens

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering a set of solar screens to cover the windows beside the driver seat, the entry door glass, and the window behind the entry door. Would those of you who have such screens tell me how they are attached to the windows? Thanks!
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee
5 REPLIES 5

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
While in Quartz site for the first time last year we had shades made for all the windows. I had a windshield one that was original to our 96 coach which we replaced also. Ours are black solar shades which mount with the small turn levers. Obviously this mounting method is not for everyone since it requires drilling into the motorhome.....since my previous shade was mounted this way I chose to do it the same way. I don't put them all on all the time unless we're staying at a park for a week or more and the outside temps require it. It makes a big difference in side the mh.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify, I'm referring to outside sun shades made from the same type material that is used for the windshield sun shade. I have a Prompt sun screen for my windshield, just thinking about a DIY project for the side windows.
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, not sure exactly what you mean by your "solar shades". We have screen shades that pull down, made by MCD. Those rollers are held into brackets by spring clips.

Ed Headington

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you're talking about inside shades not outside. Inside are normally held on by screwed in brackets then you snap the shade header into them. In some case they are/can be screwed through the header bar into the valance.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We have sun shades on our windows - not sure if solar shades are the same thing, Our sun screens are made by Magne Shade and we are very happy with them. They go on with heavy duty magnets - very quick to put on and take off - nice tight fit so they look good No ladder required - great product in our opinion.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)