cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide issues

jtcpartners
Explorer
Explorer
I have a full slide super slide which faults. I have to reset and try again. Sometimes even wait a few minutes and try again. I was told I was not providing enough power. I crank the deisel engine, turn on the generator and often am also plugged in to my house power. 110 amp. It seems that should be plenty to power the slide properly. Also batteries show full charge. Any ideas? Today someone mentioned that I should not crank the engine when plugged in to shore power. Is this true? Leaving for a month trip in 3 weeks and I am concerned about this problem! This is a 37` Jayco Seneca 36 MS. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

NewRV5ver
Explorer
Explorer
jtcpartners wrote:
I have a full slide super slide which faults. I have to reset and try again. Sometimes even wait a few minutes and try again. I was told I was not providing enough power. I crank the deisel engine, turn on the generator and often am also plugged in to my house power. 110 amp. It seems that should be plenty to power the slide properly. Also batteries show full charge. Any ideas? Today someone mentioned that I should not crank the engine when plugged in to shore power. Is this true? Leaving for a month trip in 3 weeks and I am concerned about this problem! This is a 37` Jayco Seneca 36 MS. Thanks!

I had the same problem as you with the same model Seneca. Jayco released a service bulletin
back when these units first had problems with that super slide. Here is how I corrected this problem.

1. There is a newer replacement for a defective control circuit board from the manufacture PowerGear on the MS 36 model.

2. The lift bar system on the Carefree awning cover adds resistance to the slide coming in and causes the circuit to fault. Carefree discontinued this awning system and no replacement parts are available. They recommend removing the system altogether. Once I did remove mine I had no more problems and now the slide comes in and out without any problems. Your awning cover will still work as before, but without binding the super slide.

3. Make sure you bring the large wall slide in first after being leveled and have your engine running. Then bring the bedroom slide in second. I found the slide locks sometimes won't lock if the bedroom slide is already in before the wall slide.

I hope this helps solve your problem...It worked for me.
SPENDING LESS TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND MORE TIME RVING IS GOOD......YES!:@

2008 Jayco Eagle291 RLTS 35.4'
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 CTD Quad Cab Short Bed 4x4
Pullrite 16K Super Glide Slider Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Control
Wonderful Wife - Susan
Ditto-Min Pin Dog

Cruisineasy
Explorer
Explorer
First, make sure the rig is level. I have two slides. If it is not level, the large one hangs up.