cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide part. Identify? Replacement?

texasredeye
Explorer
Explorer
O.K., let's see if I can adequately describe the part and get some help replacing it. The part is bolted to the coach at the upper inside wall. The part consists of a bracket approximately 3 inches long and contains a short (approx. 2 inch) threaded shaft which ends in a semi-ball (which is flat where the shaft enters the bracket and rounded on the tip). Obviously, the ball end can be adjusted in or out as necessary on this threaded shaft. The ball rubs (as a guide?) against the slide top horizontal surface as the slide moves in and out. All slides on the coach have this part. The one in question is bent inward and downward severely at the shaft.

What is this part? Where can a new one be obtained?
7 REPLIES 7

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
texasredeye wrote:
zigzagrv wrote:
It is a guide for the slide and it can be adjusted to make the slide line up properly when opening/closing. I have a Gulfstream (see sig) and replaced one of those guides. Got it thru a Gulfstream dealer.

For more info about your Gulfstream, click HERE

Thanks. I have contacted Gulf Stream. No response as yet. The one I need to replace is not repairable so it must be replaced.

It would probably be easier to find a Gulf Stream dealer locally than to try to deal with the company. They'll probably refer you to a dealer anyway. To keep the slide guide from being damaged in the future, try putting some white grease on the ball and slide where it rolls on. Good luck.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

texasredeye
Explorer
Explorer
zigzagrv wrote:
It is a guide for the slide and it can be adjusted to make the slide line up properly when opening/closing. I have a Gulfstream (see sig) and replaced one of those guides. Got it thru a Gulfstream dealer.

Thanks. I have contacted Gulf Stream. No response as yet. The one I need to replace is not repairable so it must be replaced.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Good answer zigzag.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tried contacting Gulfstream directly? From what I've heard, they're fairly decent about providing technical support for their products.

texasredeye
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
You just joined. ALWAYS list Year/Brand/Model R V. I have 35 years as a RV tech and have worked on almost ALL slide systems, and what you describe has me puzzled. Can you post a pic of the part? Doug

Sorry, a true noob here. 2007 Gulf Stream Yellowstone Trio 36'. Has me puzzled also. Small part which, by the bent threaded shaft, indicates that at some time the galley slide was retracted with the coach at a severe front down angle or that the ball end was simply extended too far or tightly against the slide which caused the shaft to bend inward and downward. The part is small and rather insignificant, it seems, in the actual operation of the slide. Just irritates me and I would like to replace it.

Don't yet know how to post a pic but if you have an e-mail addy, I can send a rough drawing. I tried taking a pic but the dark corner required a flash but the flash blocked out the details.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You just joined. ALWAYS list Year/Brand/Model R V. I have 35 years as a RV tech and have worked on almost ALL slide systems, and what you describe has me puzzled. Can you post a pic of the part? Doug