cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout and ghosts

Robert_Allen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Itasca 34Y motorhome in a storage building. I had not been to the storage building for 3 months until a few days ago.Everything was O.K. I plugged the electrical in to a 120 volt outlet. I went to the storage building this morning and the full wall slide had gone out on it's own. Looks like the bottom, both front and back went all the way out (or close). The top at the front went out approx. 90 percent. The back top of the slide went out maybe 20 percent. Now the slideout will not move at all. Slideout locks were locked before this happen. Could not find any fuses blown. Also when the slideout went out unlevel it almost pulled off a cabinet door inside. Any ideas what went wrong.
5 REPLIES 5

Robert_Allen
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter Thanks, I will try that tomorrow.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Had that happen on my Newmar a couple of times. Others have reported the same thing.

Seems it's an Intellitec slide controller issue -- if the controller gets the right kind of transient, the slides start operating.

Myself and others just remove the slide out fuse when slides are not operating. Suggest you do the same.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Robert_Allen
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot Yes it was quite a surprise. The slidelocks are electric. I am about 99 % sure the locks were locked.

Robert_Allen
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot Yes it was quite a surprise. The slidelocks are electric. I am about 99 % sure the locks were locked.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Our 31 ft. Class A had a full wall slide with slide locks at the front and back. The slide locks screwed into the slide frame and into the MH frame. I don't think there is anyway possible the slide could move with them engaged. What type of slide lock do you have? Is it electrical and the fuse maybe blown or something similar. That must have been quite a surprise to find it that way.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)