cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stabilizer jack(s) - repair or replace/upgrade

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
My 2001 Coachmen Leprechaun came with a pair of Liftco LeSure stabilizer jacks mounted inside the bumper. (I'll try to get pics soon if we need 'em.) They each have one weight-bearing arm attached to the worm screw, instead of the pair you usually see with more traditional scissor jacks.

Yesterday, while getting the rig stable, the blocks tilted while the rig shifted slightly, and the worm screw bent. 😞

I managed to get the now-damaged jack removed from the bumper, so at least I'm not worrying about dragging the jack down the road. Now comes the decisions about repairing or replacing. A quick googling for this jack only reveals the scissor design, so I may not be able to do a direct swap.

>> Anybody know about these jacks? Have they been discontinued due to an (assumed by be) inherently bad design in the single point of pressure on the worm screw?

>> I'd ultimately like a built-in stabilization solution both fron and rear, not just the rear like I have now. Is bolting a four-pack of scissor jacks under the frame a viable solution? What does everybody else do for four-corner stabilization jacks that a not an expensive, powered system?

Thanks! 🙂
'16 Chaparral 360IBL & '16 Ram 2500 Cummins
3 REPLIES 3

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
If'n it were me, I'd repair one jack instead of replacing 4. If all that is wrong is a bent screw, take that screw to a competent machine shop and have them straighten it. It's not hard to do with a press. Heck, they could make a new screw if they felt that was a better option.

Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
This appears to be similar what is installed in my bumper.

However, mine had mounting plates on the side to install inside the bumper. This looks like it's meant to bolt up underneath the frame. Still vacillating between replacing the jack or going with a fresh scissor jack set of four, assuming I can find 4 places to mount under my chassis.

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
Nuttin?? 😉