cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Starting my education process....

Frankthedriver
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome forum!!!! been reading it for the past few days.

I do like Class B's but they are just outside of my budget, well at least the ones I like.

I'm looking at C's since we are 4 (parents and 2 young adult children)
Potential long vacation would be all 4, but long weekends would most likely be with 2. I'm not interested in slides. Other than traveling, sleeping etc, hope would be that more time is spent outside. So the extra room that a slide provides is nice but just something else that can go wrong.

I like Class B's for their mobility and figured C's would be the next step for focusing something bigger but not as restrictive as an A when it comes to driving around.

Reading through the site, there seems to be trend(at least it seems to be my impression) that introductory priced level rv's have more issues either right out of the dealer or shortly there after. I glanced through the A's and sort of saw a similar trend.

after reading a long post about quality (related to C's) by ron.ditmer there was a line that said it all to me.

When a motor home is driven, the house bounces, resonates, shakes, and leans, many thousands of times, representing a series of extended continuous earthquakes

Are the lower priced/introductory RV's in A and C something to shy away from? I get that adage you get what you pay for, but dropping 70-90k is not pocket money. LOL if it were, I would be driving a Roadtek E-tek or something from Coach house ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously, is the quality that different? is there something that can be upgraded or done to lessen the issues?

What about appliances in the introductory category? do they get shaken up enough to have issues earlier in their life cycle?

Thanks
60 REPLIES 60

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
From you post it appears your looking at new? With a first timer and the horrendous depreciation I never suggest new for any but seasoned hard core RVers. Just too high a risk.
Now, size is important for most. Heck, try spending a weekend in one room of your house! No slides? I have a hard time understanding that misguided logic.