cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stay pluged in or not

camp104
Explorer
Explorer
I keep my RV on 50 amp when I am home. sometimes for 3 to 4 months. How many of you do this?
19 REPLIES 19

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Only plugged in when in use or to charge batteries once a month. I donโ€™t trust the converter to not over charge and boil batteries dry.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use to swear by staying plugged in BUT I was always dealing with battery issues no matter how smart the inverter/charger thought it was(ie...over charging). Then one day, one of my 8D batteries exploded....what a mess, no damage but still quite a cleanup. I now use a battery tender and have so for roughly 5 years now and I couldnt be happier. Batteries, both house and chassis are always ready to go.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Bruce_Brown
Unless we're traveling ours sits in the garage, plugged in, 24/7.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine is not plugged in. I maintain the battery bank, and starter battery via solar.

If you don't have solar, then get a dollar store timer and power the RV for one hour per day.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t travel anymore and mine has been plugged in for four years and will remain that way. I still live in it full-time even though I am not traveling.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer