cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storage bay locks

Abqtiger
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a 2007 Country Coach Allure. 2 of the storage bay doors will not lock. Can these be adjusted?
8 REPLIES 8

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Does the door stay closed when you pull on it? If not it may be the tongues are stuck in too far OR that the tongues are ok but the bar they are supposed to get behind is pushed down a little from slamming. That happened to me and we pulled the bar up just a little so the tongue could stay behind the bar and now they lock. NOT sure this is what you were speaking about, I also had to clean and then lubricate with dry lube the tongues that in some cases were halfway down inside so they were not engaging the bar, you want them to spring in and out very nicely.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

Abqtiger
Explorer
Explorer
I can turn the key as if to lock or unlock but the door stays unlocked.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Define better what you mean "will not lock". Do they move, are they stuck, do you think they are out of alignment? I'm gathering the thought you think they are out of alignment. How is the strike plate? In good shape?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Abqtiger
Explorer
Explorer
We have the electric lock feature. The bays can be locked manually w/ a key as well. I will try dry lubricant and adjust the striker as suggested. Thanks to all for input.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back had several that did this so I took them apart and clean them and use dry lube and coated the inside and put them back,and as stated adjusted the striker and got them all working. took a few try and error a long the way.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this a key lock or electric lock from inside the coach? Have you tried to lubricate the lock? Details please!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The striker plate usually has a slotted mounting that will allow adjustment. Loosen the screws holding it and move in or out until it locks. I found it to be an exercise in futility. My initial idea was to crawl in the bay and see what was going on, but on my doors, the latch isn't visible with the doors closed.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
They can be lubricated too....I think that stuck tumblers is more likely.

As for "adjustments"......have you LOOKED at one that works to SEE if there is anything that can be adjusted ??

Either way, a locksmith can fix them for you probably pretty cheap.....even if a previous owner changed two of them to a different key.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"