cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Table legs

Mike_Leslie
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dinette with the table with one folding front leg and the back section is connected to the wall with a swing down attachment.
I would like to make the table independent of the wall so I could move it out of the way.

I would need folding legs in the back, but what about the front where there is only one leg? When the table is at the dinette, space is needed to get the knees under the table.
We do need the table in order to make the dinette into a bed on occasion. But it sure would be nice to move it out sometimes.

Anyone do this? How did you do it? . Or what else have you done with the table?
Mike leslie
5 REPLIES 5

ronfisherman
Rolin wrote:
We just replaced our table legs with these:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/sequoia-table-leg-system/74002

Don't know how well they will work long term but right now the seem quite sturdy. They do not fold but do have a twist lock feature that seems to work well and you just stow the legs when not in use. They are used in both the marine and RV environments.

All my boats had similar mounting as linked above. Some had 2 post for larger tables.
Here is a Link to the KIT You should be able to find a better deal on Amazon or EBAY.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced our table legs with these:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/sequoia-table-leg-system/74002

Don't know how well they will work long term but right now the seem quite sturdy. They do not fold but do have a twist lock feature that seems to work well and you just stow the legs when not in use. They are used in both the marine and RV environments.

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
CW used to sell the socket type table legs. Attach one socket to bottom of table and one to floor. Approx 3"x (whatever length you need) chrome metal tube fits between. If a large table, you can use two legs. Did this in a Jayco C that had a folding leg/wall hinge contraption that was a complete failure. Socket and tube never failed. Simple is often best.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
What you need are these type of legs, which unfortunately are getting increasingly harder to find.

From our pop-up days we've always liked keeping the table outside. The last couple of years they've moved away from folding table legs in hybrids and pop-ups and use a screwy cantelver thing. Very clunky. So we replaced them with the above type of leg. Quick to fold up, easy to move around or outside. And the table simply drops into the slots to make it a bed. So you may have to make your own stopper on the wall to use it as a bed since you're removing the swing hinge.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
When you "move it out sometimes", do you want to use it as an outdoor table? Or just move it out of the way?

If the latter, you should be able to just remove the dinette from the wall, flip the single leg in, and store it sideways.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)