cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Teacher's Pet

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Last Sunday my DH, known here as Teacher's Pet, passed away while we were in Virginia visiting our daughter and her family. Terry has recently been experiencing problems and had just spent a week in Methodist hospital in Indianapolis. They released him on Monday, October 5. As we drove from there to Virginia, he became increasingly weaker so when we arrived I took him to the ER at UVA on Thursday. He was diagnosed with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, a deadly disease to someone who has had a compromised heart for the last 22 years. They tried everything to get rid of the infection, and thought they were winning, but he developed septic shock and lost his battle.

Terry loved RVing and loved this forum where he shared ideas about MinnieMee, our RVision TRail-lite 213. I still have her at our place we had just bought in Florida. I am currently in Phaeton Place, our 40' Tiffin and will drive her back to Florida as well. My plans are to sell/trade both and get another B+ type, with a different floorplan.

If you wish to read his obit, I have it posted here:

https://obituaries.virginiacremate.com/obituaries/charlottesville-va/terry-pace-9730714

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
23 REPLIES 23

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very sorry to hear of Terry's passing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so, so, sorry! My sincere condolences to you and all those who loved your Teacher's Pet. May you find peace and strength in the coming challenging days/months/years. Glad to see you will continue RV'ing.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
We hope you feel surrounded by much love . Sending prayers to heal and hugs to comfort.

ronfisherman
Teachers Pet was a personal friend that my wife and I met at several different RV.Net rallyโ€™s.
RIP my friend.
Prayers for you and your family (Dale) ScottieMom.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear we lost a fellow traveler. He was always helpful in his posts and will be missed.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
One day after life has settled down and you are ready to buy that B+ for yourself, a popular rig for single senior woman are Phoenix Cruisers, especially the shorter models. They are easier to drive than most others because of their scaled-down dimensions along with their aerodynamics. They are one of the smallest B+ rigs available today, models vary in length alone. The quality is decent as well. As we did with our PC SEEN HERE, you can special order any PC without slide-outs to reduce complexity, maintenance, weight, and expense. In our case, it also provided enough room to get the dinette SEEN HERE which was very important to us.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your travels together with us, and this sudden change. Your family here grieves and prays for you all as well.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dear Dale Ann Pace,

Your loss must be devastating. I hope you find comfort in knowing that a prayer to God has been made, for your comfort and for your loneliness. I pray that your family and friends help to fill a massive void in your life. May you be "whole" again, and soon.

And know that God is only one prayer away.

Ron Dittmer

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss.
Marty