cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about down sizing and would like your comments...

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Due to age, believe it's time to begin driving something a bit smaller...so thinking about moving from our current class A to a class C. Been looking at a Thor, Freedom Elite FE 26. But, some on line reviews are not so good re: fit and finish. If you have knowledge of the pros or cons of this unit, I'd like very much to hear back from you. Thanking you in advance.../ Larry
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
18 REPLIES 18

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would be more inclined to look at short class A the same length that you want in a class c. There are a number to choose from today from 26-30 ft.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Larry> First a disclaimer: I have never owned a Class C. BUT we looked long and hard this fall for 18 to 30 ft. unit. WE were buying used with a less than $40,000 budget. I was shocked at some of the junk on the market. The popular units seem to be the worst. Horrible cabinetry. We looked at one Winnie and the cupboard door were not solid wood. Particle board with a thin vinyl wrap that peels in the heat. Some of the best are no longer in production: Triple E and Bigfoot come to mind. Lazydays still is around and although I did not like some of the floor plans they are well made. Be aware that if you are buying used many of the units for sale are X rentals. We ended up with a 2004 26 ft. Safari Trek class A.

Moisheh

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
If you're satisfied with your current Itasca, buy another Winnebago product. You'll be trading down on quality going from a Winnebago to a Thor. Good luck!

Good advice and one I'm not discounting. Thanks!
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Community Alumni
Not applicable
If you're satisfied with your current Itasca, buy another Winnebago product. You'll be trading down on quality going from a Winnebago to a Thor. Good luck!