cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thor Axis/Vegas owner's I have few questions.

lakings10
Explorer
Explorer
I've read all the threads on the axis/vegas but still have a few questions. I might be buying tomorrow.

How do you dump the tanks? The dump valve is pointing upwards and it seems like it wouldn't empty all the way.

The living room tv doesn't swivel? How do you get to the back of it? I'm planning to put a dish on mine and need to run wires back there.

Same question regarding the outside tv.

Are there any outlets in the bedroom to charge cell phones?

Does the shower curtin do a decent job keeping water in the shower and not all over the floor?

Sorry for all the questions, but looking to buy a 2015 Axis tomorrow. Thx again.
2015 Thor Hurricane 27k
17 REPLIES 17

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
GinJim wrote:
Stacey62 et al, you guys saved us a lot of trouble tonight with your post about the fuse and the wipers. Thank you so much! We are on vacation on the coast of oregon. Wipers stopped in the middle of a rainstorm in a tiny town. Happened to be a parts store, buT didn't know what part we needed and they were closing. Jim suspected a fuse but didn't know where it was. I googled and found your post, went right to the fuse and ran into the store for replacment. Was getting dark. What could have been a long ordeal turned into a 20 minute repair. Phew thanks so much

The question is why is the fuse blowing. There has to be a reason and it is probably not a good one.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
GinJim wrote:
I attached a metal office clip to the shower curtain, the kind with a little hole. Ran a string from the clip to the toilet paper holder and tied it just tense enough to hold the curtain out. Worked great I'm a big person. You have to consider it a camper's shower. I don't mind the faucets outside be a use of the small space, but it's dumb to have those bumps in the shower walls. Nothing will sit on them and they just take up space. We love our 2014!

I put in a 16 inch wall and changed the curtain rod so we now have a solid wall between the shower and throne. No more curtain sticking to your butt.;)

kiwidancer
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree about those ridiculous things on the shower walls. They are narrow and slanted; nothing will sit on the top or inside. I haven't figured out where we will put the soap and shampoo yet....

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to be able to help you out.

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
I attached a metal office clip to the shower curtain, the kind with a little hole. Ran a string from the clip to the toilet paper holder and tied it just tense enough to hold the curtain out. Worked great I'm a big person. You have to consider it a camper's shower. I don't mind the faucets outside be a use of the small space, but it's dumb to have those bumps in the shower walls. Nothing will sit on them and they just take up space. We love our 2014!

GinJim
Explorer
Explorer
Stacey62 et al, you guys saved us a lot of trouble tonight with your post about the fuse and the wipers. Thank you so much! We are on vacation on the coast of oregon. Wipers stopped in the middle of a rainstorm in a tiny town. Happened to be a parts store, buT didn't know what part we needed and they were closing. Jim suspected a fuse but didn't know where it was. I googled and found your post, went right to the fuse and ran into the store for replacment. Was getting dark. What could have been a long ordeal turned into a 20 minute repair. Phew thanks so much

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kitchen TV has two webbing straps that have to be pulled down to release the TV. Two people to remove the TV. Outside TV has to be un-screwed from wall. Remove screws holding the TV mount. The dump for Grey and Black water needs the elbow turned down. You have to un=screw the circle that is in the base of the compartment. If there is no screw in cover then the neck has to be turned down to the hole in the compartment floor. Shower curtain works but will stick to your ass when showering. The new models that are longer still have the same sized bathroom.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
lakings10 wrote:
Thx for the info! I ended up not doing the deal. I'm 6-4 and just to darn big for the shower and plus we have a 3 year old who has to shower with one of us so the shower just wouldn't work.

I did look at the 15 tho. I couldn't figure out how to release the tv. Theres no way to get your hand behind there to release it. The guys at the dealer couldnt figure it out either.

The new shades go all the way down past the bottom of the window.

The new shower controles are in the shower not in the sink.

I think I might wait for the axis/vegas model to come out that will be 1ft longer. Hopfully has a bigger shower.

I guess my 2014 Palazzo thats been a headache will stay for a bit longer.

Your going from one Thor problem child to another? doesnt figure
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
lakings10 wrote:
I've read all the threads on the axis/vegas but still have a few questions. I might be buying tomorrow.

How do you dump the tanks? The dump valve is pointing upwards and it seems like it wouldn't empty all the way.

The living room tv doesn't swivel? How do you get to the back of it? I'm planning to put a dish on mine and need to run wires back there.

Same question regarding the outside tv.

Are there any outlets in the bedroom to charge cell phones?

Does the shower curtin do a decent job keeping water in the shower and not all over the floor?

Sorry for all the questions, but looking to buy a 2015 Axis tomorrow. Thx again.

I would think that the dealer or person your buying this unit from would answer these questions
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since last post the TV in the kitchen as stopped working. It no longer picks up any signal from cable or ant. Called Thor about this to get a replacement and have yet heard back. Also with regard to the duel wheels. The extenders they install for air check and fill for the inner tires do not work. I ended up getting different ones so I could fill and check air pressure in the duels. Very important to have the correct and same pressure in both tires as well as the front tires on this motor home as it will drive and handle so much better.
No other issues with this Vegas motor home to date.

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
Driver side up under the dash. Have fun getting to it . It is a small fuse panel.
You have to get on the floor lay on your back and contort yourself to find it and replace the fuse. I changed the fuse to a 7 amp instead of the 5 amp

will_r
Explorer
Explorer
Where was the 5 amp fuse for the windshield wiper switch located? I am having the same issue with mine and the techs can't find it.

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
To up date I have since cut the hole in the sewer compartment and made the plastic base of the bottom of the compartment a square and turned the sewer connection down and left it that way. I added a 45 degree clear elbow to the drain as well. So much easier to hook up and dump. Once done dumping, take hose off and put the cap on, close compartment door.
Thor designer had a nightmare on that design so I made it right!!

Stacey62
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thor would be smart if they developed a DVD on the very detailed use of the Vegas motor home. As most dealers have no clue when it comes to salesman doing a walk through. In the 2015 Vegas the galley TV is not a swing out but can be removed from the mount by pulling down on the webbing strap. Make sure there are four hands while doing so. Pull down on the strap and have another holding the TV. For the sewer hookup the outlet is turned down before connecting the hose. Once the dumping is over and you are ready to pack up and hit the road you should raise the outlet back up and install the threaded circle back in the hole. I have been on the phone with the Thor rep for a number of times with improvements that need to be addressed with the Vegas model motor home. There are too many issues with it. The lack of quality control is very much in question as I see it. Our 2015 was back to the dealer's service department for a month to get our problems taken care of. The list I have given the rep is as follows.
Cab was lacking any real cool air A/C was lacking on keeping driver and passenger cool. That was fixed with a new part. I ended up installing a curtain to close up the cab and to keep cool while driving. The window wipers stopped working and found it to be a 5 amp switch fuse. Replaced and they worked again. But had no window washer. That was found to be a bad washer fluid pump. That was changed out to a new one. The rear TV/ DVD player needs changes made as to hook up. The cable connection is right in the way to insert a DVD. I ended up installing a male/female 90 degree connector to get the cable wire out of the way.
There are 4 fuse boxes in the Vegas and one is on the driver side outside compartment. Which is a real pain to inspect fuses. I suggested a central location for all fuses cab and motor home which would be behind the outside TV and have that TV a swing out mounted system with the fuse box easy to see standing up and checking fuses with ease. The cable to ant switch is in a bad location up over the kitchen sink cupboard. All it has is a little green LED light that you have to push to change. But to get to it you need a step stool if you are less then 6 foot tall. Mud flaps were installed on wrong as the tail pipe side had the flap get melted by the hot tail pipe. There is a bracket that holds the mud flap between the tire and flap and each mud flap was on the out side of the bracket which made the flaps blow in the wind. Front windshield molding blew off on our way home from the dealer 10 miles down the road. That has been fixed by me and the use of glue would be suggested and having the seam at the bottom of windshield a better location not at the top roof line. Why it came off. Now that we have the motor home back I will keep posting as I see any more problem issues.