cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Co-Pilot Navigation PC System

CaptainJack51
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have this unit if so what are the Good,the Bad and the Ugly of this unit?
6 REPLIES 6

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I have a 2013 Allegro 36LA with a JVC KWNT510. This is a nav/cd/dvd/video/am/fm system.

Do you know your product version? That will help to understand your system.

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
You are more likely to get an answer if you visit the tiffinrvnetwork.com and ask your question to a bunch of Tiffin owners.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know if the Tiffin Copilot system is the same as the ALK Copilot software?

If so, I've got ALK Copilot installed on my Android tablet and I'm definitely underwhelmed. The display/user interface is clunky, the routing (even though it's set for my RV) is flukey and not trustworthy, building routes is cumbersome, etc. For example, as I'm typing this I just plugged in a nearby gas station and generated a route, but Copilot is sending me down a dirt road. Maybe there's a way to turn off "unpaved roads" somewhere in the setup, but I haven't found it. And why would an RV-specific system ever select a dirt road anyway? Admittedly, I've been using the Garmin/MapSource interface for decades so maybe it's just one of those incidents where the system is just different and I haven't spent enough time with it. Still, I used it for a while and then decided it wasn't worth it, and haven't bothered with it in months.

If the Tiffin system is not the ALK software, then (as Rosanne Rosannadana would say), "Never mind..."

Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree on the portable units. My new vehicles have built in GPS systems and I find myself still using my Garmin. Just wish they still had MP3 players in them.

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak to your question specifically, however after owning expensive built-in GPS systems and also owning several-hundred dollar Garmin units with lifetime traffic and map updates, I've developed a strong preference for the Garmin units. Why? Because GPS devices are still in a high-rate-of-technological-evolution. New features are being incorporated every year, map databases are more and more detailed, traffic reporting and avoidance, and soon you'll be seeing GPS units integrated with WiFi to display real time weather radar over your route of interest. Another button will give you the locations of the next 5 truck-stops close to your route-of-travel, etc. The built-in units can't keep up with all these new innovations. But, for a few hundred dollars, I can buy the newest features and stick them on my dash. Having had both, my dollars are voting for the portable units.

How about others.... anyone help with the OP post on Tiffin?
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Moved from Forum Technical Support