cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Red 33aa - $230k or $180k?

kwilkins
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trader has 43 Tiffin Red 33aa models listed nationwide. Nearly all of them are priced between $230k and $240k, except one. RV World of Georgia has one listed for $180k, and it looks like it has many of available options.

From reading this forum I understand many new RVโ€™s are discounted around 25% off list price, and that it varies by manufacturer, dealer, and unit. Is RV World of Georgia just listing the lowest price they will sell the unit for, and would other dealers also go that low? It seems strange to me that 42 units nationwide would have similar prices, but only one would be so much lower.

Thoughts? Can anyone who has purchased a Red 33aa let me know what you paid?
10 REPLIES 10

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom line. Call the dealers to get their best price. I've seen rigs discounted on-line and some not. Everything I've seen advertised was at MSRP and discounted from that. Our discount was 32% from advertised MSRP.

Have fun!!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Effy, The MSRP only applies to current model year. 2013 and older do not have the MSRP restriction. But, You can argue/disagree, BUT, I am IN the business and have been for 35 years. Like I said, some dealers violate the agreements and hope someone does not report them to the OEM. Some OEM's will not enforce if the dealer sells a lot of units. This restriction is IN the Franchise agreements. Doug

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
I manage the map pricing for a large company, retail, not motor homes

MAP, minimum advertised pricing, not to be confused with selling price, once you reach out to a retailer, the negotiating can begin.

MSP, minimum selling price, the lowest price a product can be advertised or sold at. Strong brands like Apple use this

MSRP, the sticker price, may be applied at the factory or by dealer, depending on the product may have no relevance to the price the product is sold for

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Most Franchise agreements state they cannot advertise on the Internet/nationally ANY price other than the MSRP. You must contac the dealer by phone/e mail/in person to get the REAL price they are selling it for. This is only for NEW units, not used units. Doug

Actually there is a figure called MAP (Minimum advertised price). A minimum advertised price is just that - itโ€™s the agreed price a reseller agrees to advertise a brand or product. There may be some wiggle room, but generally, when a reseller accepts the agreement, theyโ€™re stuck. They canโ€™t advertise a product for sale any less than the agreed price. This means in print, online, or any where. Of course, this doesnโ€™t mean they canโ€™t sell the product cheaper, they simply canโ€™t display a cheaper price. And well, if the lower price isnโ€™t shown, itโ€™s hard to discover it. You can still do better than MAP which is why you often see "too low to show" in the price. It's likley what you are seeing in the ads is some dealers showing MSRP and some showing MAP.

In the RV business MAP is the same as MSRP. I asked our owner and he stated he did not know of any RV maker that allowed MAP versus MSRP. MSRP rules the RV motorhome business. Doug

Thor does. My dealer gave me both figures on my last ACE quote. I am not sure why he would make that up. Were that the case then why do you see advertised prices well below MSRP?

I think you are confusing what I stated. When you look at a RV website or dealer website for a NEW motorhome, they are allowed to only list the MSRP. They can quote you ANY price once you call them/e mail them/on the lot. They just cannot advertise a lower price than the MSRP on a National AD. We do and they can advertise locally the price lower than the MSRP. Like I said, the majority of the OEM's have this policy but maybe not all. Some dealers skirt the issue and wait to see if they get caught. Doug

I think you're wrong. Look on RVT or trader for any new model, you will see lots of prices lower than MSRP on a national ad. Beating a dead horse at this point, but I know what I have seen and been told. Perhaps you see and hear different things.
2013 ACE 29.2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Most Franchise agreements state they cannot advertise on the Internet/nationally ANY price other than the MSRP. You must contac the dealer by phone/e mail/in person to get the REAL price they are selling it for. This is only for NEW units, not used units. Doug

Actually there is a figure called MAP (Minimum advertised price). A minimum advertised price is just that - itโ€™s the agreed price a reseller agrees to advertise a brand or product. There may be some wiggle room, but generally, when a reseller accepts the agreement, theyโ€™re stuck. They canโ€™t advertise a product for sale any less than the agreed price. This means in print, online, or any where. Of course, this doesnโ€™t mean they canโ€™t sell the product cheaper, they simply canโ€™t display a cheaper price. And well, if the lower price isnโ€™t shown, itโ€™s hard to discover it. You can still do better than MAP which is why you often see "too low to show" in the price. It's likley what you are seeing in the ads is some dealers showing MSRP and some showing MAP.

In the RV business MAP is the same as MSRP. I asked our owner and he stated he did not know of any RV maker that allowed MAP versus MSRP. MSRP rules the RV motorhome business. Doug

Thor does. My dealer gave me both figures on my last ACE quote. I am not sure why he would make that up. Were that the case then why do you see advertised prices well below MSRP?

I think you are confusing what I stated. When you look at a RV website or dealer website for a NEW motorhome, they are allowed to only list the MSRP. They can quote you ANY price once you call them/e mail them/on the lot. They just cannot advertise a lower price than the MSRP on a National AD. We do and they can advertise locally the price lower than the MSRP. Like I said, the majority of the OEM's have this policy but maybe not all. Some dealers skirt the issue and wait to see if they get caught. Doug

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

2013 ACE 29.2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Effy wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

2013 ACE 29.2

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
kwilkins wrote:
RV Trader has 43 Tiffin Red 33aa models listed nationwide. Nearly all of them are priced between $230k and $240k, except one. RV World of Georgia has one listed for $180k, and it looks like it has many of available options.

From reading this forum I understand many new RVโ€™s are discounted around 25% off list price, and that it varies by manufacturer, dealer, and unit. Is RV World of Georgia just listing the lowest price they will sell the unit for, and would other dealers also go that low? It seems strange to me that 42 units nationwide would have similar prices, but only one would be so much lower.

Thoughts? Can anyone who has purchased a Red 33aa let me know what you paid?

Good question. I am in the middle of purchasing a Winnie and found the same situation. One place was 25-40K below everyone else. When asking the other dealers they were like wow, if you can get it for that price you better do it, so I did. All had same exact features.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad