cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire coating

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
How many of you use something to blacken your motor home tires, if you do what do you use. I understand some of the blackening causes the tires to dry out and crack.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
19 REPLIES 19

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
X3; 303 is the best protectant I have found. Makes the tires look nice and is rated at SPF 40 to help protect from UV. Been using it since 1993.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use no tire treatment. Many do more damage than good

Best thing for a Tire is "rolling, rolling, rolling" down the highway under load.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the 303 Aerospace. Used it for a LONG time. Since using tires past 7 years is dangerous, keeping the tires clean and sprayed with 303 will keep them looking so good people will question why you are buying new ones (at 7). Have never covered my tires and they always look as good (or usually better) than ones that have been. You will not see cracks on your tires before 7 years (can't attest to beyond 7 since I will not keep them any longer than that) if you follow that regime. I question the 'rotting from the inside out', I think the deterioration is equal throughout the rubber..just comes with age. Rubber begins to deteriorate the moment it is made. Little cracks on the surface mean nothing and are just from ultraviolet sun damage that the 303 will prevent.

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
I cover my tires,I wash my tires and wheels then cover them. A friend of mine who owned a Tire shop Told me its not needed to spray the tires, its just for looks BECAUSE Rubber tires Rot from the inside out. I cover the tires and Park on Rubber Mats to keep off concrete.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aerospace 303

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.