cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing 2016 Caravan

mygsds
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone towed a new 2015 or 2016 Caravan behind their MH? We use a dolly and wondered if there are any extra steps we need to take. been towing a 2012 Escape and a Vibe on it but getting the van soon. We have a 2015 Fleetwood Bounder

Pat
Pat and Ron and 1 wild agility GSD
2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
3 REPLIES 3

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
mygsds wrote:
Yes it will be on the max tow weight. It wont be towed often but will be towed to Florida about 2500 km each way once each way, once a year. I know we cant tow it flat and will be pushing the limit. Our other toad is a small Vibe and isnt big enough for our needs once we get to Florida (need room for large dogs which is why the van)

Pat
Why can't you tow if flat????

mygsds
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it will be on the max tow weight. It wont be towed often but will be towed to Florida about 2500 km each way once each way, once a year. I know we cant tow it flat and will be pushing the limit. Our other toad is a small Vibe and isnt big enough for our needs once we get to Florida (need room for large dogs which is why the van)

Pat
Pat and Ron and 1 wild agility GSD
2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of thoughts: It sounds heavy, will it be close to or way above the combined weight rating for the coach. I have read posts stating that vans, with the front wheels tending to be forward, tend to rub on the dolly fenders in a turn. You might want to research this. This is one of the reasons I decided not to tow the Sienna.
Happy Trails.