cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmission advice

rolnovru
Explorer
Explorer
Last friday I was traveling with my family when my motorhome lost power. I have a scan gauge installed and was able to see the codes thrown. P0155, P0135, P01747, P0755, P0750 and P0743. After climbing under the coach, I noticed some wires had come loose and fallen on the header. I pulled them off and inspected. Some copper was showing on a couple. But I did not notice any broken wires. After doing some online research, I was able to find a fuse blown. I replaced the fuse and was able to drive once again. Now only one code is being thrown. P0743 and my motorhomes torque converter is not kicking in. I had to pull over a few times to let the transmission cool down. I feel like there is a wire or fuse that I am missing. I also have a gearvendor overdrive in the coach. There is a t-5 data cable that is also burnt really bad that does look damaged. I traced it and it does appear to go into the tranny somewhere. Do these transmissions have data cables going to them? Or maybe the splitter controls the the converter somehow and this data cable goes there. I am at a loss.

1999 Rexhall, F53, V10, 4R100, Gearvendor
5 REPLIES 5

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
Indeed. Once the spark plug wire is exposed the wire/s are shot and need replacing. Be sure to use some hi temp heat socks or sheathing to cover the wires and that the wires are in all the appropriate looms.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

rolnovru
Explorer
Explorer
Off to the shop..

rolnovru
Explorer
Explorer
Off to the she goes.. Thanks for your replies

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some years ago I was hearing a mis-fire on my Workhorse (Chevy 8.1), Wife did hot hear it but it was as clear as a fire alarm to me (Ok so I am a trained to listen to the ride driver).....

Got to a shop. an hour's labor. 2 plugs and a few repairs to wires that had been chewed up by rodents (ignition primary) and that engine was back to PURRRRRRRRRRR

The moral. Fix the wiring .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
First you need to repair/replace any cables that got to hot. The 4r100 transmission along with most others do have lockup system that get info from other sources. You can purchase or have wiring made. After that what every codes you have can be address.