cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trike carrier

WETSNAIL
Explorer
Explorer
I need to find a trailer hitch mounted adult trike carrier. A regular bike carrier will not work with the 3 wheels. One option is a small trailer which I would rather not pull. The trike carriers I have found say they are too low and would drag on inclines behind a MH. Any ideas? Thanks
Cork
3 REPLIES 3

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I had my homemade tadpole on the back of my 5er. Just have a tray that I made. Any welder should be able to make a elevated tray that won't drag. They could even make one that would fit over a hitch for a toad so the trike would ride above the hood.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Hollywood racks. A little expensive, but good quality. I ordered thru my bike shop after extensive research.

Cargo carrier and bike/trike rack
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
I brought up this very same subject a few months ago, when we were considering getting a trike and like you, couldn't determine a good way to store it.

Ultimately for the time being, we have decided not to get the trike. However, of all the various ideas that were discussed, the one I liked best that I would probably do, is a solution 'jaycocamprs' posted. Check out his post, along with pictures he posted in the 3rd page of my thread HERE. Very ingenious way of mounting a tricycle vertically on a regular bike rack. Just may work for you.

One thing to keep in mind: Know the maximum weight your bike rack is rated to carry, and the weight of your trike and other bikes you plan to put on the rack. These trikes can be very heavy, usually about twice the weight of a normal bicycle. I found that I could probably have fit a trike and two other bikes on one regular rack using jaycocamprs approach, but overall weight may be a bit more than the rack was rated to handle.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")