cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used Class C

Npdchief07
Explorer
Explorer
I inquired a private owner about their used class c and asked if it had or has had any leaks. They said no but the cab over bunk does get condensation. Is this normal for a class c?
6 REPLIES 6

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weep hole checks should be done every 3 months on a C imho. Make sure they aren't clogged! Amazing what a free leaf piece that got jammed in there can do to cause thousands of dollars of damage to a coach.

Compressed air is your friend!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Its not always a leak. Does the C you are looking at have windows on the side of the cab over?

If it does, water comes in thru the weep holes in the sliding windows.

Been there done that. Thought my cab over was leaking. I'd find the cushions wet and condensation on the walls.

When all it was was the water coming in the weep holes during a heavy storm. By chance during a heavy rain storm I was standing up by the dinette and saw where the water was coming from.

I was not perfectly level so more water was coming down one side of the MH and basically just pouring in and down the inside of the cabover from the weep hole. Too much rain too fast and un leveled MH.

Also if the weep holes are plugged with leaves debris etc the water will come in with as light of a rain if they holes are plugged.

So all this can happen when you are not looking and that leads to wet cushions and moisture in the cab over.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
As stated a built in gas furnace well not put moisture into a camper,(unless it has a bad fire box) Cooking on the stove or any open flame well cause moisture in the air. Even just people breathing in the rig causes moisture. When people take a shower this is time when a lot of moisture well get into the camper. Also if you are camping where the humidity in the air well cause this. When you are in the camper it is best to keep an window slightly open to aid in allow excess moisture to escape you unit and to run a vent fan to help.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
A vented gas furnace will dry things out. But an unvented gas heater will add moisture to the space it is heating.

Dusty

LifeInsideJack
Explorer
Explorer
jhlady wrote:
Unfortunately yes if you run the furnace, don't open windows or roof vents and/or provide additional circulation. Not a problem if the condensation is wiped up and removed, but could cause rot or other problems if not. Sometime you noise will tell you if there is a problem or if it smells heavily perfumed they are probably covering something up.

Hope this helps.

John

This, right here, was worth the price of admission. I had no idea that this happens and this explains some issues I am dealing with.

Excellent work John. Thank you.

See you about ....
Our website: www.lifeinsidejack.com

Our Motto: Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

jhlady
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately yes if you run the furnace, don't open windows or roof vents and/or provide additional circulation. Not a problem if the condensation is wiped up and removed, but could cause rot or other problems if not. Sometime you noise will tell you if there is a problem or if it smells heavily perfumed they are probably covering something up.

Hope this helps.

John